Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Charleston Favorites

I know it's still a little cool to ride the harbor, but looking for your favorite things to do or see on your ski around Charleston, SC including the Ashley, Cooper, and Stono Rivers, Mt. Pleasant, James Island, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, Sullivans Island, and Daniel Island too.

Please give any tips or recommendations you have about boat ramps, docks, the harbor, intercoastal, exploring islands, coves, beaches, populated areas, and boon-docks. Especially, if there are any areas a ski needs to stay away from.

Thanks,

Re: Charleston Favorites

that really depends on what you want to do if its flat water i prefer the wando but if you want rougher water the intercoastal between IOP and capers. there are some good ramps up hw 17 toward awendaw that dump into the wando and intercoastal.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Charleston Favorites

Update to my own thread...but I made the trip to Charleston Harbor. Threat of rain and thunderstorms but water temps at 70F - not bad for 31 March.

We launched at W.O. Thomas public landing near I-526 & Leeds Ave - great ramp and courtesy dock in North Charleston on the Ashley River. It was very choppy that day due to winds from the West, but we stayed along the James Island side (windward side) and it wasn't too bad until we made a try at the Battery (White Point Gardens on tip of Charleston penninsula) - really turbulent. Rode out near to Fort Sumter, into a calm salt marsh inlet near Harborview Drive, up the Wappoo Cut to the Stono River (also too windy/choppy), and then lunch at California Dreamin' (nice dock and outdoor seating). Further up the Ashley river it gets smaller and therefore calmer too. Also saw several porpoises on the Ashley.

Overall, big wind means big chop on big water. Want to try the Wando next time.

Thread Information