Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Fast Elements and Optima Racing Present the Carolina Beach Freeride at Freeman Park!!

From scott626_2004: The date for the event is the weekend of the 11th-13th of May.

Hello everyone!
    This thread is the beginning of a new freeride at Carolina Beach's Freeman Park! (otherwise known as the north end). For those who do not know what Freeman Park is, it is a 4x4 only beach access that you can camp on and bring your skis to ride surf any time of the year. Basically this is going to be a small scale freeride weekend event starting Friday afternoon and ending Sunday evening. There is an access fee at the entrance to Freeman Park and it is 20 dollars per night or 50 dollars for the entire weekend. You would need to bring all necessary camping gear, food, and beverages for the weekend. There is a grocery store and gas stations near Freeman Park for your convenience.

The camping area will be at the very point of Freeman Park where jet skis and boats are allowed to be pulled up on the beach at any time. We are currently working with the town manager of Carolina Beach to see if there is the possibility of getting the very tip of the Park sectioned off and dedicated to riders of the freeride!

Note: this is a 4x4 vehicle only event, you either need to be able to take your skis out to the Park in the bed of a truck, hitch hauler, or Snow's Cut boat ramp is very nearby and skis can be launched from there and driven around to the camping area on the point in a less than 5 minute drive! I highly suggest hitch haulers or truckbed methods! No trailers are allowed on Freeman Park!

This is the link for Freeman Parks rules and regulations! http://www.carolinabeach.org/site_ne...anParkInfo.pdf

This is the address to the entrance of Freeman Park. 1818 Canal Dr. Carolina Beach, NC 28428

Attached is a satellite image of the camping area and freeride areas.

Please contact me by PM, reply, text, or call at 910-214-2114 with any questions you may have! Scott.

P.S. There is no bottled beer allowed on Freeman Park, only cans
    Never miss a good chance to shut up.

www.shopsbt.com
    www.watercraftsuperstore.net

Re: Fast Elements and Optima Racing Present the Carolina Beach Freeride at Freeman Pa

Happy to support this event at a great surf spot in North Carolina!

www.OptimaRacing.com
    Email: Mike@OptimaRacing.com with any questions. Thank you!

PWCToday Regular

Re: Fast Elements and Optima Racing Present the Carolina Beach Freeride at Freeman Pa

Sweet... I am in... Just signed onto your facebook page... Sounds like fun and I hope the surf is nice that weekend... Would a Dodge Ram R/T pull through ( Not 4 X 4 ) Just not sure on how soft the sand is..

Tommy

Lots of variables: tires, psi, limited slip, if it has rained recently, people tearing it up, and most importantly, your skill. I wouldn't try it if you aren't familiar with the beach and I'd guess the R/T has tires geared for the road and track. There's plenty of 4x4's that get stuck with novice drivers. I've made it several times in 4x2's or just 2wd in a 4x4, but I did get stuck in 2wd once and 4wd wouldn't help it out. It's pretty soft.

Bring a trailer and a waterproof backpack for your tent and sleeping bag and park at the ramp. It probably takes even less time than driving out there. You can get pizza and beer delivered. What else could you need?

Tommy, myself and others are willing to take your camping stuff and supplies out there for you. There are a few other people in the same situation as you that are going. Call or text me if you have any questions!
    Last edited by scott626_2004; 02-13-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    2012 Rickter FR2
    2000 Yamaha Superjet

The new permanent date for this event is the weekend of the 11th-13th of May!
    2012 Rickter FR2
    2000 Yamaha Superjet

PWCToday Regular

Thanks man.... Totally pumped up for this trip... I am in need of some good ole' fashioned ski ripping after being couped up all winter... Or whatever you want to call this season... Gonna be a blast... !!!

Really a cool location. Everyone here at Optima is pumped for the event as well. I plan on doing some riding at this event, which is something I don't get to do much of at WaveDaze or Daytona.

www.OptimaRacing.com
    Email: Mike@OptimaRacing.com with any questions. Thank you!

PWCToday Regular

2 x2's check
    4x4 truck check
    hitch hauler check
    time off check
    See you there!

Haha Sweet!
    2012 Rickter FR2
    2000 Yamaha Superjet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information