Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Wintertime Riding???

Any suggestions on where to ride within a 2 hour drive of Memphis this time of year? My skis are sitting my cousin's barn in the Missouri bootheel, and begging to get wet. (although it's gonna be a cold wet...)

My fear is that the usual lakes have drawn down the water too low to ride, but maybe someone else has a suggestion???

Thanks!
    2011 SeaDoo GTI Limited 155
    2011 Kawasaki STX 15F

Re: Wintertime Riding???

Most of the lakes are plenty high to ride; Greers Ferry, Lake Norfork, Table Rock, and Lake Hamilton are all still plenty deep to ride.
    ~ SouthernGypsy

Watercracft: 2012 Yamaha WaveRunner FX High Output Cruiser, 2009 Yamaha WaveRunner FX High-Output, 1999 Chaparral 1830SS 4.3L EFI High-Output Sport Boat
    SXS: 2012 Polaris Ranger RZR XP900 EPS Side-by-Side
    ATV: 2011 Polaris Sportsman XP 850EFI EPS 4x4

View our ride photos:
    http://SouthernGypsy.smugmug.com

Watch our ride videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/SouthernGypsy

PWCToday Newbie

Hey thanks for that info!

I was glad to hear that, after reading that Sardis Lake where I normally ride is 20 feet lower now, in anticipation of the spring floods.

My goal is definitely not to run over some stumps or rocks, and wind up like the Costa Concordia!
    2011 Kawasaki STX 15F

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home ko2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mghurle View Post
    My goal is definitely not to run over some stumps or rocks, and wind up like the Costa Concordia!
    LOL that would not be good. For if so, you sure will pony up some cash.
    Last edited by ko2; 02-08-2012 at 04:18 PM.

​Forget the hate, we celebrate !

Quote Originally Posted by mghurle View Post
    Hey thanks for that info!

I was glad to hear that, after reading that Sardis Lake where I normally ride is 20 feet lower now, in anticipation of the spring floods.

We r ridig here in jackson tn mostly just testing but if u want to join us at beech lake in lexington tn 1:30 from memphis (exit 93 on I-40 east) we have 3 skis going sat if theirs no thunder storms
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop (gps 68.2 )
    05 R12x w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 5380rpm @66.2mph

PWCToday Newbie

You guys gonna be out on Saturday? On St. Patrick's Day?
    2011 Kawasaki STX 15F

Yes but only for a few hours at beech lake in lexington tn. But next weekend the 24th we will be on the black river east ir corning AR. Probably be meeting up at the ramp between 11-12 to launch together cause we will be making a 65-80mile loop and a part of the river so if u know ur fuel range get some gas together and come join in its a awesome river to ride realy realy curvy!
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop (gps 68.2 )

This saturday we will be riding a awesome area of black river east of corning AR . Its going to be about 60-80 miles of twisties . We will be launching about 2pm for the run but will probably be there about 1 coll or txt me @ 731-215-5740 if interested in coming we have 5 forsure coming with 2 mabys

PWCToday Newbie

Got any details on this route? Launch point, turn around, anything... I work offshore but live in central AR and next time I'm home I'm thinking about making this run. I didn't get to ride this summer because of work, so now it's time to catch up.
    -Justin

Thread Information