pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    PWCToday Regular mspencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    125

    Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    Hey Guys,

    I upgraded my driveshaft this summer to the new screw in style rather that the splined on both ends style. I did not change out the floating bearing and seals. Should I have? Is the new shaft smaller in diameter than the old style? My bilge pump was acting p this summer and when it isn't running, it takes on water pretty fast. If it is the seals, I want to replace them this winter to get ready for the spring. I just want to make sure I get the correct setup. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

    Mark
    97 Tigershark Daytona 1000
    96 Yamaha Waveraider 700

  2. #2
    Top Dog Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tulsa,OK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,503

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    Quote Originally Posted by mspencer View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I upgraded my driveshaft this summer to the new screw in style rather that the splined on both ends style. I did not change out the floating bearing and seals. Should I have? Is the new shaft smaller in diameter than the old style? My bilge pump was acting p this summer and when it isn't running, it takes on water pretty fast. If it is the seals, I want to replace them this winter to get ready for the spring. I just want to make sure I get the correct setup. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

    Mark
    I don't have the lead on the cheap seals but IIRC they were like 92-95 Sea Doospx or XP seals.

    I usually just order them on ebay or country cat.

    PWC Sales/Service/Performance Tulsa,OK
    4304 E Pine Pl Tulsa,OK 74115 918-902-7876


  3. #3
    PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    lownrangr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?
    Posts
    10,181

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    I don't have the lead on the cheap seals but IIRC they were like 92-95 Sea Doospx or XP seals.

    I usually just order them on ebay or country cat.
    what does the bearing look like in the floating bearing assembly anyway? I've never looked at one. Is it a standard ball bearing bearing? The doo bearings are roller bearings and my xp had one and it was trash. I want to replace the one on my 1100 and i think i'm going stock if i can find one.
    My quote for the week of 03-February-2013 to 09-February-2013: "time to hang up the skates"
    Region 6 racing info:
    Monster Energy Midwest Watercross Tour
    Do you have it made in America?

    Region 6
    Novice Runabout N/A Stock
    Shark Bait
    #713
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP 800
    Novice 800 Limited
    2009 Novi-Tec carbs
    Factory Pipe spec II
    Skat pump/prop
    ...and more.

  4. #4
    Top Dog Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tulsa,OK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,503

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    Quote Originally Posted by lownrangr View Post
    what does the bearing look like in the floating bearing assembly anyway? I've never looked at one. Is it a standard ball bearing bearing? The doo bearings are roller bearings and my xp had one and it was trash. I want to replace the one on my 1100 and i think i'm going stock if i can find one.
    It;s not a traditional bearing as much as it's more like a main or rod bearing on a car.

    It's a coated copped bushing to me not a bearing.I just got the kit from country cat was like a $150 for housing seals, new driveshaft, bearing, and a few other tid bits.

    PWC Sales/Service/Performance Tulsa,OK
    4304 E Pine Pl Tulsa,OK 74115 918-902-7876


  5. #5
    PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    lownrangr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?
    Posts
    10,181

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    really? Interesting. Now I'm not sure which route to take! You don't happen to have any pics of the kit, do you?
    My quote for the week of 03-February-2013 to 09-February-2013: "time to hang up the skates"
    Region 6 racing info:
    Monster Energy Midwest Watercross Tour
    Do you have it made in America?

    Region 6
    Novice Runabout N/A Stock
    Shark Bait
    #713
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP 800
    Novice 800 Limited
    2009 Novi-Tec carbs
    Factory Pipe spec II
    Skat pump/prop
    ...and more.

  6. #6
    Top Dog Swiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tulsa,OK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,503

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    Quote Originally Posted by lownrangr View Post
    really? Interesting. Now I'm not sure which route to take! You don't happen to have any pics of the kit, do you?


    You kidding it was June of 2010 and my only ski was down! I had it done in 2 hours max lol.

    PWC Sales/Service/Performance Tulsa,OK
    4304 E Pine Pl Tulsa,OK 74115 918-902-7876


  7. #7
    PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    lownrangr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?
    Posts
    10,181

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    ahh my bad. I thought you were in the process of replacing it now!
    My quote for the week of 03-February-2013 to 09-February-2013: "time to hang up the skates"
    Region 6 racing info:
    Monster Energy Midwest Watercross Tour
    Do you have it made in America?

    Region 6
    Novice Runabout N/A Stock
    Shark Bait
    #713
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP 800
    Novice 800 Limited
    2009 Novi-Tec carbs
    Factory Pipe spec II
    Skat pump/prop
    ...and more.

  8. #8
    Frequent Poster moparx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    adelaide australia
    Age
    50
    Posts
    249

    Re: Upgraded drive shaft on my Tigershark 1000 daytona

    When I removed the engine from mine and checked out the floating bearing/seal found that even though I thought I had been getting grease to it ,it was nearly dry !! The only lube was water from the leaking seals .will be putting a bigger fitting on to ensure grease gets in
    Dave
    Tiger shark 99 TS1100R ,WSM crank kit ,Wiseco forged Pistons
    2003 Yamaha GP1200R
    65 Tbird
    One very understanding wife (I Hope!) She started it!!!
    I MUST BE MAD

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0