Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Top Dog

Re: Advent Ignitions

Not sure if Greg's knowledge of his product has grown throughout the years but when he initially started selling these he openly stated he knew really nothing about them. I also had some issues with the initial release units and he stated he had to have someone else program them for him, that the guy who was doing it had quit. After a few months of dealing with this/him I have no doubts as to why. No doubt he's a great guy, just didn't work out well for me.

Steve

Really what advantage would I gain by running an advent? Would I even notice a gain?
    Hear a lot of talk about them, Good and Bad!
    2010SXR, OP vortex air cleaners,V-Force3,Reed spacer, port matched intake with crossover epoxied,Ada head 24cc domes, porting by Kevin@westcoast, timing advance,Factory DryPipe,TDR waterbox,Blackjacks,Jenetics flywheel,Dual cooling,Flowvalve,TBM intake/ride plate,TBM sponsons, Deystroyer tubbies,R&D afterburner pump mod,pump stuffers,bored nozzle,Solas dynafly,13/20 -5 setback.

I ran the Advent in my 03 sxr race boat for years and never had a problem.
    I have seen guys go threw all kinds of aftermaket ignitions, and ive seen some buy an ignition that lasts for ever.

It's just one of those things. Good luck.
    Last edited by VEGAS 21; 12-30-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Dont burn bridges

I just bought one for my 1100 !
    It was almost two weeks before Greg shipped it he said he was waiting on parts to finish I think it will make the 1100 run better. Has anyone run one on a kawasaki triple? I would like some feedback on performance gains and what curve to use.

Advent is the best. Greg designed a triple plug per cylinder ignition for my buddy's Evolution Marine STX. Yep 3 plugs per cylinder, 9 ignition coils, totally MOD. Dude knows what he is doing fo sho!!
    DK1designs
    M&M Marine
    Angeles Racing
    2006 SXR800
    XP800
    Gen 1 X2
    BRP Technician #550

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS 21 View Post
    I ran the Advent in my 03 sxr race boat for years and never had a problem.
    I have seen guys go threw all kinds of aftermaket ignitions, and ive seen some buy an ignition that lasts for ever.

It's just one of those things. Good luck.
    When we ran the Advent it was very good and I wanted to get it working again hence the attempt to do so.

Good things do fail for sure and anyone that races knows that and accepts that.

There is no excuse however for ****house service.
    Iceman 800 Race Team
    AUSTRALIA

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iceman...400319?sk=wall

KMG Race Team USA

Dave Hardenburger

MX Factory Gold Coast

Jetpilot Australia
    http://jetpilot.com.au/

Watson Racing (Church of Horsepower) Australia http://www.watsonracing.com.au/

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

Back in the day, I was a big part of helping Greg sort out the problems with his orginal T series ignition boxes, and believe me, there were plenty of frustrating days at the lake before we got it right.

Greg is really a good guy who tries very hard to improve his product and provide good service to the customers. Luckily for me, his shop is about 20 minutes away from my shop and I can take the whole pwc down there with me if necessary. We can also meet out at the lake that is inbetween his shop and my shop if we have to.

I have experenced as many problems as probably anyone, but each problem was solved as we worked to get the T series boxes up to snuff. Trust me, after working for months with another ignition manufactuer, working with Greg was not fun, but at least we got the job done and had an ignition that we could work with, which was not the case with the other company that was trying to get their product up and running reliably.

My main sponsor for a few years was MSD, who supplied me with cash and product while we were touring. That was back when Jack Preigel owned MSD. Nowadays, talking to MSD is like talking to the phone company. No personal one on one help at all. On the otherhand, Greg is here to handle the problems personally and I very much appreciate him for his help when I need it.
    Last edited by Mr. Bill; 12-31-2011 at 08:50 AM.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home momarski's Avatar

jack was a good old dude, always asking me how things are going and full support no matter whose fault it was and it was usually my fault when a msd ignition got cooked

yes there was a time when calling msd was like calling some good buddys
    the Tesla S is the only real solution to all the worlds major problems

"You have enemies$ ? GOOD, mean$ you $tood up for $omething in your life."

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolraider View Post
    Advent is the best. Greg designed a triple plug per cylinder ignition for my buddy's Evolution Marine STX. Yep 3 plugs per cylinder, 9 ignition coils, totally MOD. Dude knows what he is doing fo sho!!
    Greg actually designed this or someone did it for him? Big difference, doubting he designed anything since he didn't know how to program one last time I talked with him. But things change....

Quote Originally Posted by duckman1 View Post
    Greg actually designed this or someone did it for him? Big difference, doubting he designed anything since he didn't know how to program one last time I talked with him. But things change....
    Call him up and ask him, Greg and Bob Dutton (Evolution Marine) LIGHTNING BOLTS!!!! Tuned by Denny Janeway and ridden by Josh Janeway. Region 1 and 2
    Last edited by oldschoolraider; 01-01-2012 at 01:55 AM.
    DK1designs
    M&M Marine
    Angeles Racing
    2006 SXR800
    XP800
    Gen 1 X2
    BRP Technician #550

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information