» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Tips for winterizing your Aquatrax

Yes, RV antifreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
    Yes, RV antifreeze.
    Thanks. Took around 3/4 gallon per ski. I did find a much better way than pouring into a funnel over your head. At China-Mart, pick up a $3 transmission change adapter. It's with the funnels and has a fitting that will thread right onto the gallon bottles of RV antifreeze. It comes with a small hose and valve...just yank that off and attach your garden hose and secure with a hose clamp.

After starting the ski, hold up the jug and squeeze it until you see red come out...which only took about 3/4 of the jug.
    2 x 2007 Honda Aquatrax F12 (1 red, 1 blue)
    1990 Jetstar
    4 x Wetbikes (1987, 1988, 1989, 1989)
    Past PWC:
    1992 Yamaha Superjet 650sx, 1997 Sea-Doo XP and GTX, 2004 Sea-Doo 3D

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Thanks. Took around 3/4 gallon per ski. I did find a much better way than pouring into a funnel over your head. At China-Mart, pick up a $3 transmission change adapter. It's with the funnels and has a fitting that will thread right onto the gallon bottles of RV antifreeze. It comes with a small hose and valve...just yank that off and attach your garden hose and secure with a hose clamp.

After starting the ski, hold up the jug and squeeze it until you see red come out...which only took about 3/4 of the jug.

Great job, glad you posted the new information to make this task easier

PWCToday Newbie

Hey guys, since there are two generations of Aquatrax skis, I'm going to assume this one was in complete reference of the F-12 and R-12 series. I say this because the F-15(x) series do not have any instructions on using antifreeze for winterization in the official Honda repair manual as it does for the first generation. From what I have read, it appears Honda made a change to the system in the second generation so that water completely drains... anyone can confirm this? Much appreciated!

PWCToday Newbie

Hi there. If I'm pouring in the RV antifreeze with the funnel like Joey suggested, why is this ok with the engine off? I read SeaDonkey's alternate method by squeezing the RV bottle, but he says the engine must be running. Can this be done with the engine off? what's the difference if I use a funnel or squeeze the bottle, isn't it basically going in at a similar rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Donkey View Post
    Takes around 3/4 gallon of RV/pink antifreeze per ski. I did find a much better way than pouring into a funnel over your head. At China-Mart, pick up a $3 transmission change adapter. It's with the funnels and has a fitting that will thread right onto the gallon bottles of RV antifreeze. It comes with a small hose and valve...just yank that off and attach your garden hose and secure with a hose clamp.

Did this on my 2 Honda's yesterday evening with an arctic blast coming into town. Snapped a couple of pictures of the fitting that easily attaches to the antifreeze jug. Much easier than using a funnel. Hook it all up, sit jug on back deck, start ski while standing on ski, hold jug above your head, it will self drain but you can help by squeezing as the jug collapses, sit jug down after you see pink coming out of the pisser, then kill engine after a few more seconds.

hose fitting2.jpghose fitting.jpg
    Last edited by Sea-Donkey; 11-13-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    1990 Jetstar
    Past PWC:

Quote Originally Posted by nojodas67 View Post
    Hi there. If I'm pouring in the RV antifreeze with the funnel like Joey suggested, why is this ok with the engine off? I read SeaDonkey's alternate method by squeezing the RV bottle, but he says the engine must be running. Can this be done with the engine off? what's the difference if I use a funnel or squeeze the bottle, isn't it basically going in at a similar rate?
    The manual says do it with the engine running as you do when flushing after salt water. Bottle and funnel aren't similar rate in my experience...unless you have a funnel capable of holding a gallon of antifreeze and a way of holding that over your head. The pressure created by the fluid at elevation is what gets it in the engine. Try pouring into a funnel over your head vs. my method...my method is a one person job. Honda's method is a 2 person job with someone getting antifreeze poured on them.
    1990 Jetstar
    Past PWC:

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoiSinZ View Post
    Hey guys, since there are two generations of Aquatrax skis, I'm going to assume this one was in complete reference of the F-12 and R-12 series. I say this because the F-15(x) series do not have any instructions on using antifreeze for winterization in the official Honda repair manual as it does for the first generation. From what I have read, it appears Honda made a change to the system in the second generation so that water completely drains... anyone can confirm this? Much appreciated!
    I've got the same question...I'm considering trading one of my F-12's for a F-15 for the improved rough water riding. I also live in an area that has nights throughout the winter that get into the 20's but days in the high 70's. Would be nice to be able to ride on warm days without having to reload the engine with antifreeze every time.
    1990 Jetstar
    Past PWC:

PWCToday Newbie

Where/what is this Maint/joint it says to spray in the original directions? Not sure what you are referring to.

Thanks
    Craig

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cj2etc View Post
    Where/what is this Maint/joint it says to spray in the original directions? Not sure what you are referring to.

Thanks
    Craig
    Look for a small aluminum cylinder laying on top of the motor, with a small black hose protruding from each end. You unscrew this fitting and spray CRC in each end.

I also remove the rubber hose from the turbo charger and spray the vanes with CRC....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information