Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Top Dog

Tips for winterizing your Aquatrax

Winterizing your aquatrax is extremely important if stored for 4months or more, ethonal gas, and freezing conditions are concerns, and will cause problems on spring startup.

Here are some steps that helped me through 5 winters.

1. Remove battery and store indoors, 60 degrees or above is Ideal, trickle charge 1X a month.
    2. Antifreeze, If your conditions dip below 32, Cut a 6ft piece of hose, use a funnel and stand on back deck holding the funnel and hose at least 4ft off deck, and pour 2 gal of RV TYPE antifreeze till water is expelled through pisser, keep going till its "RED"
    3. Gas, Fill your tank and add "BLUE" STABIL, it the marine kind, this will prevent sweating and moisture in your fuel tank, and the Stabil will keep your fuel fresh for spring.
    4. Fogging, If you choose to do this, its wise to have a spare set of SPARK PLUGS, use a fogging oil and after fogging, install a "old, or used" set of plugs.......Keep a prestene set for use during the season.
    5. Oil change, its not required, but can be done at the END or Beginning of the season.
    6. Maint. joint, some over do this, every oil change you spray the maint. joint, in my oppinion its not needed on a winterization, unless a oil change was done, you fogged cylinders, now your adding CRC........all that oil will def foul a plug.
    7. Lube, all of your cables with CRC
    8. Wax, not required but is recommended if stored outdoors
    Last edited by 1fatlazysofarider; 11-12-2011 at 09:13 AM.

Top Dog

Re: Tips for winterizing your Aquatrax

Common problems that WILL HAPPEN if proper procedures are not followed.

1. Cracked oil tanks, intercoolers due to freezing water left in cooling system, will leak water into hull or worse....inside engine
    2. Fouled plugs due to excessive fogging/Maint. joint lubing will cause ski to run bad or not start
    3. Fuel problems, expired fuel, moisture in tank and corosion due to ethonal fuels, also will degrade the pump sock, and cause ski to run bad in spring.
    4. frozen/stiff steering, trim, and reverse

Following a proper procedure will have your Aquatrax out on the water QUICKER, and will not have you in the shop, or buying parts, or hunting down that water leak, or replacing the battery, or spark plugs, or having to suck out a full tank of bad fuel, or filling a empty tank that has moisture, and has coroded sock and fuel pump.
    Last edited by 1fatlazysofarider; 11-12-2011 at 09:31 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home john zigler's Avatar

if you have a turbo model, be sure to lube the wase gate & linkage.
    RCJS also doing business as WATCON
    608-743-1305 9am to 5pm CST m-f
    email watcon@watcon.com

Please visit our web sites

new parts / products / services www.watcon.com
    used parts www.rockcountyjetski.webs.com
    thank you

Please check out and like WATCON on Facebook

PWCToday Guru

Thanks Joey! I appreciate the summary procedure with explanations.

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by mastermindpro View Post
    Thanks Joey! I appreciate the summary procedure with explanations.

I have requested this to be a sticky for the winter months......I will start one in the spring....."How to wake up your Honda from its winter sleep"

Hopefully everyone can comment what they do or don't do, what works and what dosen't also those guys using pumps with the antifreeze, also will save some troubles in the spring start up months.

Also for you mac intercooler users there is a drain on the lower front part that you should drain prior to antifreeze.Thanks for the tips 1fatlazy

Top Dog

Someone needs to post up pics on a home made pump system.......That would be good for this thread.

Frequent Poster

Good post - I propose to augment a couple of items.

The fuel tank need not be filled. There is virtually no air transfer via the vent. Vapor pressure of the fuel pretty much eliminates this as an issue. Therefore there is no condensation. It's a bit of an old wives tale, sort of like "never put your battery directly on a concrete floor" (also not an issue.) There is a good argument for leaving your fuel tank nearly empty though - that gives you a chance to fill with fresh fuel in the spring. Personally, my boats are left about half full and stabilized.

Definitely change your oil at the end of the season. Used oil contains dissolved elements from the combustion process. They combine into all sort of nasty compounds over the winter including things like sulphuric acid!

Top Dog

Quote Originally Posted by paxfish View Post
    Good post - I propose to augment a couple of items.

The fuel tank need not be filled. There is virtually no air transfer via the vent. Vapor pressure of the fuel pretty much eliminates this as an issue. Therefore there is no condensation. It's a bit of an old wives tale, sort of like "never put your battery directly on a concrete floor" (also not an issue.) There is a good argument for leaving your fuel tank nearly empty though - that gives you a chance to fill with fresh fuel in the spring. Personally, my boats are left about half full and stabilized.

Definitely change your oil at the end of the season. Used oil contains dissolved elements from the combustion process. They combine into all sort of nasty compounds over the winter including things like sulphuric acid!

You need to read up on your fuel recommendations. A PWC is not nearly as bad as a boat but leaving the fuel tank half full on a boat can cause bad problems. Read the extensive research by Boat U.S

http://www.boatus.com/seaworthy/ethanolwinter.asp

I am not trying to bash anyone but I want everyone to know what is best for their ski.
    2012 RXP-X 260
    2007 GTX LTD

Quote Originally Posted by 1fatlazysofarider View Post
    Someone needs to post up pics on a home made pump system.......That would be good for this thread.
    Do you mean something like this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information