Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Kawasaki x2, MAJOR Problem

I got a kawasaki x2, i sank it, a long time ago, but got all the water out, and probably ran it for 45 minutes straight, to make sure. Now, I go to start it (to wintirize it) nothin happens. So i bypass the solenoid and go to the starter, and still nothing happens. So now I took the flywheel cover off, and bang, my whole flywheel is rusted over. Could my jet ski be seized? And also, the thing that hits the flywheel, and connects to the starter, is also rusted over. How do I get that thing out?

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: Kawasaki x2, MAJOR Problem

That "thing" is called the bendix. You need to remove the flywheel to get it off/out of the engine.

Grab the flywheel and try to turn it, can you rotate it by hand? If so then the motor isnt siezed.

However it sounds like the motor needs a workover, at least a good cleanup at minimum...

Post this up in the X2 section you will get a ton of help from some knowledgeable people that have dealt with this issue before.

Not taking anything away from Tom, I know he knows his sh*t too, but he doesnt get on here as much as the X2 gurus do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

Thread Information