Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frequent Poster

Re: Aftermarket R-12X Exhaust

Just got done installing the highflow straight exhaust from h20xtreme. Ran it on the hose and man does it sound mean. I love it. Going to the lake here in a hour I'll report back when I get back in.

Awesome. You're review determines if i put the same exhaust on my f12x and h20's muffled exhaust on the wife's, or if i put the muffled on mine.
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-Macsboost module,custom intercooler, air filter/breather, H2O plenum, FPR, muffled exhaust, tweaked solas 18/30, 19psi, livorsi boost gauge, modded intake grate and ride plate
    2007 Honda Aquatrax F12x GPS-the wife's, Macsboost module, H2O plenum, and air filter/breather

PWCToday Newbie

Yes do tell I am interested in one as well.
    2003 F12x soon to be Macsboost Stage 2.
    1997 Seadoo GTX
    2006 Acura TL
    2008 Acura MDX Tech

Frequent Poster

Well today was a awesome day for it being the last ride of summer for me. Nice warm weather and smooth lake for miles. Even saw 3 other Hondas out. Come to think of it, it was just us 4 Hondas on the lake no other skis.

As far as the exhaust I have mixed feeling about it. On the hose it sounds mean and I love it. In the water at idle sounds mean as well. It's the low range that I'm not liking to much. At idle up to 30mph it's loud, very loud. I thought I was going to have to go pick up some ear plugs. And believe me I love loud toys. I drive a dodge 2500 with a 6 inch tip that roars down the highway. Once you go over 30 mph it's no so bad it's really nice. I know I was turning alot of heads screaming down the lake.

I did notice a little more get up and go but not much. The other thing is my idle was rough in the water after putting this exhaust on. Before it would idle between 1230-1300. Today at the lake after installing the exhaust it was idling between 1030-1380. Maybe it's just a new set of plugs I need since I havnt replaced them in along time. Jlfx did you notice any idling difference?

Thanks for the write up. I believe jlfx had about the same review on it. I'm still undecided. I rarely ride under 30 mph, i usually cruise in the 35-40mph range so i'm wondering what i would think of it. I'm like you, i like loud toys but i don't want to be obnoxious loud either.
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-Macsboost module,custom intercooler, air filter/breather, H2O plenum, FPR, muffled exhaust, tweaked solas 18/30, 19psi, livorsi boost gauge, modded intake grate and ride plate
    2007 Honda Aquatrax F12x GPS-the wife's, Macsboost module, H2O plenum, and air filter/breather

Never had a idle issue purred like a tiger .I Figured u wouldnt get much more umph out of it alone.
    Last edited by jlfx car audio; 10-25-2011 at 05:37 PM.
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop 6450rpm (gps 68.2 )
    05 R12x w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph

But since u do have the exhaust now u can add large ic and electronic TCP lock and ur set to realy get some good acceleration
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop 6450rpm (gps 68.2 )
    05 R12x w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph

PWCToday Newbie

Can anyone post videos of the H20 exhaust running on idle on the water then full speed passes and some mid speed passes? Really want to know if it is TOO loud or just right! Thanks!

Frequent Poster

I've fabricated a polished stainless steel open exhaust system for the Honda Aquatrax F12X and R-12X Turbo PWC. It bypasses the muffler and water lock. This exhaust gives this ski the nice sound the awesome Honda motor deserves without being obnoxious. Better than the sewing machine sound these machines normally put out. This exhaust sounds awesome stock or modded, I've ran it both ways. It offers better performance, throttle response & much lighter weight and obviously much better sound. Water cooled to keep it cool. The system is made of 304 stainless steel tubing & flange with high temp (400 degrees) high quality silicone couplers & high-quality T style stainless clamps. 3/8" custom water jacketed steel flange precision TIG welded to 3" stainless pipe. This system will last many years, even in salt water if properly cared for. I designed this system 2 seasons ago with no signs of degradation at this point. I make a kit for the F-12X and The R-12X of all years (2002 - 2007). This is a bolt on mod easily installed by 'DIYers' with a few common mechanics tools in about an hour or two. No drilling, cutting or welding. No mods are needed to your ski so if you wish you can go back to your stock exhaust with no issues. Everything you need including installation instructions come in the kit. They are for sale currently at $299.95 + Shipping. Contact me and I can fabricate one for you!

I try to keep them in stock and can usually ship within 1 business day. Payment taken through Paypal or Credit/Debit card.

See exhaust in action Youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__AbyHazrBU

IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    Last edited by trxxx250r; 02-05-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information