Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Aftermarket R-12X Exhaust

Does anyone have any input on the H2OXtreme free-flow stainless exhaust system? It looks like it bypasses the factory waterbox, I believe. It probably is too loud, but has anyone seen, heard or ridden an R-12X with this system installed?

Re: Aftermarket R-12X Exhaust

jlfx audio has one and from what i understand he likes it. He did say, however, at certain rpm ranges it resonates louder than others. I believe he said it's not too bad at full throttle.

Another option is H2O's muffled system which flows more than stock while not being too loud. I have one of these on the way for my f12x. Since i have 2 ski's to mess with now, i'm thinking about trying their open exhaust too possibly. We'll see.
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F12x-Macsboost module,custom intercooler, air filter/breather, H2O plenum, FPR, muffled exhaust, tweaked solas 18/30, 19psi, livorsi boost gauge, modded intake grate and ride plate
    2007 Honda Aquatrax F12x GPS-the wife's, Macsboost module, H2O plenum, and air filter/breather

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    jlfx audio has one and from what i understand he likes it. He did say, however, at certain rpm ranges it resonates louder than others. I believe he said it's not too bad at full throttle.

Another option is H2O's muffled system which flows more than stock while not being too loud. I have one of these on the way for my f12x. Since i have 2 ski's to mess with now, i'm thinking about trying their open exhaust too possibly. We'll see.
    Thanks for the input ~ when you say it resonates louder than the others, what other choices are out there besides the ones from H2O's?

And the big question: I'm looking for some sound but is there any truely noticable performance improvement with the open system, even on an otherwise stock set up?

It might give u slight improvements from punch and maby maby gain 50-100 rpm but I dought it
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop 6450rpm (gps 68.2 )
    05 R12x w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph

Also I think only h2o makes one
    04 Honda R12x modded with large IC,, large plentom, strait pipe , turbosmart fcd2, turbosmart mbc, wideband o2 gauge, vcs2 methanol injection, 14/31 prop 6450rpm (gps 68.2 )
    05 R12x w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    It might give u slight improvements from punch and maby maby gain 50-100 rpm but I dought it
    OK, thanks. I guess if you run one and it doesn't help much its not worth the $$$ or time.

PWCToday Newbie

Hi Maxxam,
    Im from the U.K and have just purchased this and air filter kit as a 1st upgrade from H20extreme for F12x gpscape.It has really made my ski come alive and well worth the money, Yes it is loud but a good loud sounds like a motorbike on the launch ramp and a tank in the water at low revs.Most people here say it is the best sounding ski they have heard. You will feel a big difference at low to mid range the ski is more arm ripping and a lot quicker out the hole than a stock exhaust.
    search youtube for " Honda R12X Turbo Straight Pipe Exhaust " The one by 915bcramer this is exactly how your ski will sound.

Just waiting on my next upgrade plenum kit & repitched prop
    then it will be turbo boost time
    Last edited by MADHAMSTER; 10-16-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: mistake

Frequent Poster

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Gonna install it this morning and take it to the lake later today. I'll report back what I think also.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by scjordan1986 View Post
    I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Gonna install it this morning and take it to the lake later today. I'll report back what I think also.
    Thanks guys. Its always great to hear it straight from someone who has just made a change.

Frequent Poster

Well I'll have to let you know what I think next weekend. Things came up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information