Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: 300sx Awaiting Backflip Build

well i just got a complete 750ss with a trailer yesterday for $500. The motor in it is a big pin but the case has a dollar coin size hole in it from something connected to the rod breaking and hitting the case. Both of the pistons move up and down but the cylinder closest to the coupler feels like there is no compression. i think i might just rebuild the big pin from top to bottom for the project and throw my 650 into the ss and sell it.

and twinturbo i would definitely do the sxr pump area over the 650 pump area but i already have the 650 pump area all matched up perfectly and i feel like it would take way to much time to find a sxr pump area.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

You can always mod the pump tunnel to accept the 750 pump while you are in there and you have a 750 pump to go by now.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 10mm's Avatar

I say build it and flip that SOB. Good project.

i'll go ahead and look at the 650 tunnel to see how hard it will be to fit the 750 pump. good idea wfo. thanks

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

If you have the tunnel in your hand now would be the time, there are several articles here on what needs to be done on that mod.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

the 300sx in my sig will flip off any boat wake in the delta. as long as its got some steep curl, it can be done. i think the reason for everyone wanting to put the yami stuff in these things is because you practically dont have to be moving to flip it. with a yami pump and motor you approach the wake almost at idle, maybe a little above and then start your flip mechanics. as for a kawi, since the power band is much higher in the rpm range you must be moving first. therefor when you jump you are launching more out than up. this makes flipping harder because you approching with more speed. consequently it makes the flip huge, and we all know what happens when a huge flip comes up short. as for a 750. you want to talk about a high power band? you better be goin 15 mph before you even think about trying to flip (unless you have an msd setup). i say go for it tho, huge backflips are always what the soul needs
    Carbon C1 Hurricane 785
    78 wetbike
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    .. You are in posession of the world's biggest gonads or the world's smallest brain, or both. Wow, just wow. You've redefined hard-core for all of us.

thanks for the info thrasher. and btw ur build is what motivated me to cut up my skis and go for it!!! and you did a damn good job on urs!! so hopefully i can top it!! hahah

and wfo i did some research into the 750 pump and what it would take and i think im just gunna stick with the 650 pump for now because the only upside it gives you is not having to moddify props and instead intake grates! and its basically a dirrect bult in so maybe sometime in the future i will.

Quote Originally Posted by lonczakd View Post
    thanks for the info thrasher. and btw ur build is what motivated me to cut up my skis and go for it!!! and you did a damn good job on urs!! so hopefully i can top it!! hahah
    ha right on thanks. let me know if i can help you any more. ps another good reason to use the 650 pump is that when you cut the 650 up all the way to the bulk head it is the exact same length in the tray area as the 300 so it all lines up perfect. i think theres like 1/2 of an inch difference between the two scabs. it makes aligning super easy
    Carbon C1 Hurricane 785
    78 wetbike
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    .. You are in posession of the world's biggest gonads or the world's smallest brain, or both. Wow, just wow. You've redefined hard-core for all of us.

Top Dog

I can say that I honestly don't miss the pump conversion process, but it sure it worth it once it's finished!!!
    JS550/650 conversion- ported (exhaust ports widdened 2mm, raised 1mm, transfers stair stepped, cases ported), Blackjack 46mm, Prok FA, Boysen reeds, stuffers, Westcoast head 30cc domes (175psi), Jetinetics charging flywheel, PJS exhaust manifold, Factory Performance Pipe, Coffmans Waterbox, footholds, Team Waterfly Tubbies.

650 pump conversion- SXR prop cut to fit 650 pump repitched to a 9/17, TBM pump stuffer, OP nozzles, and OP skegged ride plate.

JS550/650 conversion- in the works

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information