User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Best lake in Oklahoma for PWCs?

What do you all think is the "Best Lake in Oklahoma" for jet-skiing?
    2002 Yamaha GP1200R
    2002 Seadoo XP (SOLD)

Re: Best lake in Oklahoma for PWCs?

I don't know about the whole state but my brother lives in Fort Smith and our sister lives in Arkoma so we go to lake Tenkiller several times every summer and we love it both for boating and for PWC's. It's an awesome lake and we never fail to see lots of other PWC's out on the water when we're there. I think that Tenkiller in Oklahoma and Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs may be the top two places in the region where we always see the most other PWC's running about each visit. Tenkiller has some great camping too, both state park style and resort style. As for families The Fin and Feather would just be a great place to stay if you had kiddos running about, and my lady and I really like Terrapin B&B for a romantic spot when it's just the two of us or us and my brother and his girl (seperate cabins of course). Tenkiller also has some great lakeside resturants too.

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    What do you all think is the "Best Lake in Oklahoma" for jet-skiing?
    ~ SouthernGypsy

Watercracft: 2012 Yamaha WaveRunner FX High Output Cruiser, 2009 Yamaha WaveRunner FX High-Output, 1999 Chaparral 1830SS 4.3L EFI High-Output Sport Boat
    SXS: 2012 Polaris Ranger RZR XP900 EPS Side-by-Side
    ATV: 2011 Polaris Sportsman XP 850EFI EPS 4x4

View our ride photos:
    http://SouthernGypsy.smugmug.com

Watch our ride videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/SouthernGypsy

I like Grand the most, it's a lake with lots of money on it so the local PD's that patrol parts of the lake are pretty lax and tend to not mess with people. Now the total opposite of that is Keystone and Skiatook lake, there they have lake patrol ready to board your vessel and inspect your coolers and give you a ticket and evist you from the lake if they can dig up a reason.

Last year on Keystone I got a ticket for a unapproved fire extinguisher.... because the guy who I was riding with was "going too fast past the camping area" He was outside the markers WTF?!?!

PWC Sales/Service/Performance Tulsa,OK
    4304 E Pine Pl Tulsa,OK 74115 918-902-7876

Grand is a great lake and so is Tenkiller Ferry. Eufalla is interesting if your just cruising you can go a long way bit it's not as clear as the others.

Ha im 5mins off Keystone lake not bad out here but usually red from the river

digging a thread from the dead here but i go to Grand a lot. I pretty much just park myself at duck creek and wait for the yachts that don't mind throwing a wake.

As Swiss said, the lake patrol is there to make sure people are safe, not to pester you. Tenkiller is great too but be sure to have all your required gear because they will likely stop you. Still a great clear lake with all kinds and not many surprises in the channel that some lakes have
    94 Blaster/96 Blaster/98 ZXI

PWCToday Newbie

Hmmm... sounds familiar to me. Did this lake patrol fella kinda resemble Wilford Bremley with a mustache? If so he's the same old turd that stopped both my son and I on wetbikes. And yes, it was the fire extinguisher that most interested him. After that failed for him, he grabbed a tape measure and measured the height of my registration letters on the side. Mine were 1 7/8" tall. A full 1/8" inch shorter than they should be. This cost me 115 dollars. This was several years ago. Mr. Bremley can keep his lake. Haven't been there since.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    I like Grand the most, it's a lake with lots of money on it so the local PD's that patrol parts of the lake are pretty lax and tend to not mess with people. Now the total opposite of that is Keystone and Skiatook lake, there they have lake patrol ready to board your vessel and inspect your coolers and give you a ticket and evist you from the lake if they can dig up a reason.

Last year on Keystone I got a ticket for a unapproved fire extinguisher.... because the guy who I was riding with was "going too fast past the camping area" He was outside the markers WTF?!?!

PWCToday Newbie

im close to grand love to ride their when i can get one of these old skis to act right been in neosho river at the north mouth like the fishig to

Thread Information