Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Re: New Stand up Rider looking for others in Indian River and surrounding

I got 650 out with a friend to ramp again this afternoon. It started up and idled fine like saturday, but still wouldnt throttle up all the way. I was stumped. we changed carb setting and couldnt get it still, until we changed it from fuel to reserve. then it ran great. full throttle, no problems. So we went back to fuel on and it ran great. must've been something in one of the lines or the fuel switch. Anyways, got her on the maiden voyage and now I need life jackets, etc so I can ride. Any suggestions??

Ill keep u posted on 550. cant figure it out... seller told me it ran great in water, but it wont idle. It will run if I hold the throttle but when i let go, stalls.

ideas?

Pull the fuel pickups out of the tank, there are fuel filters on them and it could be clogged.

Any life jacket will do as long as it's not the big orange one.

If it runs fine other than idle it's the low speed is messed up or the idle is too low. I have a mukini 44BN that has a new rebuild on it if you need another carb. It just needs to be tuned on the ski.

If you plan on trying surf riding your going to need a bilge pump and tow loops and rope at a minimum, but hood straps, and a limiting rope are something you may want to have.
    1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200
    2008 Water Craft Factory hull

Truck Bed Launch System - http://www.pwctoday.com/f26/mr-bojan...ml#post2683099

Hey Jam, I just moved back down to vero! Also looking for people to ride with in the surf. Im right near the indian river mall. I'm trying to get out early next week, let me know when you can ride and we'll work something out.

I am in Ft Lauderdale and just picked up a time capsule of an 89 X2 last Sunday! Looking to get out this weekend and relearn how to ride one since last time I set foot on an X2, I was 20 years younger and 3 feet shorter.
    Any X2 guys on here? I need some advise on a good blocker plate and a few small details on what to do when removing the oil pump and tank. Seems pretty simple, but I'd like to get some opinions on here first to ensure I don't screw anything up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice find, even with the pontoons, I'll give you $40 for them! I have a 89 myself and there is a few tricks for that year, mostly with the steering. Bun I got a regular block off plate from the net, it really doesn't matter. But all you need to do is pull the pump, remove the studs, and put your block off plate on and that's it! I've seen people just get a piece of metal and using rtv and bolts glue it instead of buying a kit.

We will be riding saturday in Titusville at our normal spot, but there aren't many x2 peeps in the area.

I have a skat 15.5 SS impeller for a X2 if you need one.
    1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200

Thanks for the reply! I figured all I had to do was remove the pump and install the plate. What else has to be done? Is there anything I need to be aware or look for of when doing this?
    I assume I will need to block off where the lines run to/from?
    The pontoons are going to stay with the ski to ensure that when someone else gets on it, they don't sink it.

All you need to do is cap off the carb where the line from the oil pump goes.
    1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200

Mr.Bojangles/Motion Flow/ JR
    Iím in Merritt Island and will soon be looking to go out with other stand up skiers. I started skiing in Panama City beach in 01 when I bought a pair of 550s for $300. You can imagine the condition. After being taking by the local Kawi dealer, I bought the book and dove in. Soon I stepped up to the 650, but the wife (who has been riding since the 80s), still loved the 550. I quick out grew the 650 and ended up with a 750 SXI pro. To keep the wife happy, I bought a 440 with an awesome custom paint job. I replaced the motor with 550 which was built with everything (pipe/head/fly wheel/ bored over, etc). It was running about 190 psi which was just about the max for pump gas. The little thing would out run my 750 if you could hold on. As our girls got bigger, we got a three seater and eventually a boat.
    BUTÖ..I have been reborn. We are currently looking at jet skis and will probably be ready to ride in a couple of weeks. I love surf riding and will be looking for a partner. Many of my friend in Panama City did not own stand ups so our surf riding was mostly down on the bigger Kawi.
    Iíll keep you posted.

Custom 440/550
    ND620099.JPGski.jpgjeff3.jpg

In the surf at Panama City Beach

Attachment 348724

Here is the last pic of the skis before we sold them...But i am Reborn.

Motion Flow,
    I would give you a hand with your 550 if you brought it up here to Merritt Island. They arenít that complicated. If you havenít done so already; get a compression tester. Their pretty cheap and will save you a lot of trouble shooting time. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Reborn; 06-04-2012 at 08:31 PM.

ski for sale.jpg

Sorry last pic didn't take,

see you on the water

Im still here, I mostly post on the other site, but I lurk around. I live on MI too, and there are a group of us that ride standups and X2s here. We do a bit of surf riding out of the port here, or we head up to Daytona and ride at the ski zone there.

If you get a ski soon, we will be riding at the garden street bridge in Titusville, there is a place there that everyone rides skis, and the authorities dont care about the riding in the manatee zone there, we have a few buoys we throw out and have some fun. We should be out there fathers day weekend. you can get me here or better on the X

I got rid of my square and built up a WCF hull...

1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information