Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boost loss

PWCToday Newbie

boost loss

I have an 02 fx12 and after about 5 seconds at WOT the boost falls off and I loose 5-7 mph. No codes stored and if I shut it off and restart it imediately it runs fine until I hold it open again.. Thought it was a fuel concern as it sat for a while.drained fuel and ran a tank through but no improvement. Checked waste gate and it moves freely. I checked the boost solenoid and it works with battery voltage. Any ideas where to go from here??
    Last edited by TURBOTECH; 06-27-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: boost loss

Air temp sensor in plentom is seeing too hot of air. Intercooler might be cloged up or water temps r realy high
    Last edited by jlfx car audio; 06-27-2011 at 03:09 PM.
    05 R12x 142hrs w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph
    09 F15x 39hrs .

oor might be building touch boost to begin with.makin it release
    05 R12x 142hrs w/ ic upgrade,strait pipe ,stock prop and boost 6380rpm @66.2mph
    09 F15x 39hrs .

plugs? mine run like that when i need plugs. also like jlfx said check the boost pill make sure it isnt blocked.

PWCToday Newbie

checked boost jet nice and clear. does not feel like its overboosting and is not pulling harder than normal off the line either. Plugs have less than 20 hours on them. definately not missfiring. Boost solenoid?? I read on another post someone tested thiers with battery voltage and it worked but not when plugged in.
    Last edited by TURBOTECH; 06-27-2011 at 06:51 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    Air temp sensor in plentom is seeing too hot of air. Intercooler might be cloged up or water temps r realy high
    happens in low water temps. NO code for overtemp either.

Top Dog

Hook up a boost gague to make sure the boost is dropping off.......also you need to do the nitro test on your solonoid....there is several things that will cause your problem

1. boost leak
    2. wastegate solonoid only allowing 7lb of boost
    3. Plugs and or bad gas
    4. intercooler clogged up on water side...."salt deposits" making IAT sensor read high and cut back timing
    5. turbo charger compressor wheel damaged

PWCToday Newbie

Not a boost leak or turbo problem. Builds full boost only looses it after running for a while. Also when this happens the off throttle steering assist stops working. I can shut off the motor and restart it and immediatley it creats full boost again and the steering assist works also. Hold it open for 10 more seconds and it does it again. No codes stored. New gas and plugs again have less than 20 hours on them. Oh I just found out the ecm connector has oil in it. does any one have the connector schematics for the ecm connectors?
    Last edited by TURBOTECH; 09-05-2011 at 05:07 PM.

If you are hitting anywhere between 58 - 62 mph than your turbo cartridge is working. If you then drop 5 or more mph it sounds like either heatsoak or a boost leak. If you are not hitting the top speeds mentioned (use a gps) change your plugs. If you are put a boost gauge between the intake and map sensor and watch it at wot. Are you using anything aftermarket like a boost controller? Don't look at the ecm yet. Do the easy stuff.
    The List

2005 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, Custom Air Intake)
    2002 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, 17/29 Solas, Plenum spacer, Custom Air Intake, Velocity Stack Insert)

BTW every post previous to mine contains things that definitely need to be checked. We have a bunch of great troubleshooters here...
    The List

2005 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, Custom Air Intake)
    2002 Aquatrax F-12X (Macsboost Module, Torxracing IC, 17/29 Solas, Plenum spacer, Custom Air Intake, Velocity Stack Insert)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information