Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Puget Sound riding

I know there's some good food to be had in Poulsbo!
    Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

Sent some e-mails to a few of the marinas/ports to ask about available fuel grades (Bremerton, Poulsbo, Port Townsend).

If anyone ever rides in the North Sound, the Oak Harbor Marina on Whidbey Island carries 89 octane according to their website: http://www.whidbey.com/ohmarina/mari...fuelandpumpout
    Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

Bremerton (Port of Brownsville) & Poulsbo are 87 octane only.
    Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

Just got a reply back from Port Townsend and they're 87 octane as well. Premium is evidently available at 2 different marinas on Orcas Island. Has anyone ever ridden through Deception Pass, or know if it's as dangerous as it looks? From Oak Harbor to Orcas is about 45 miles without any significant detours.

So are we still looking at a Sunday ride out of Pt Deception in Tacoma? What are the votes for South Sound vs staying west of Vashon & heading up to Poulsbo? Any idea if a sunny holiday weekend will cause parking problems? (Yes, I'm always a bit paranoid about trailer parking - have encountered too many full parking lots over the years - some with no overflow options.)
    Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

Hey Sam, I still vote for the Poulsbo trip from Pt Defiance. I could bring a spare can for gas and go for a walk to get it. My ski will take marina gas. If we leave early enough, the parking shouldn't be a problem. And we'll need to skedaddle out of Poulsbo early before they light the fireworks (they do a show on the 3rd)

As far as Orcas, San Juan County waters are still closed to PWC. Which means, you can ride around Anacortes and Fidalgo/Whidbey Islands,but not into the San Juans. I am totally down for a trip around Whidbey/Fidalgo. Marysville has a free launch and rinse station.

Dayton

I really want to do the Pt Townsend run, just not this Sunday because of passenger concerns. If it gets rough, its a long way for novice passenger.

Poulsbo is good destination (esp for food & beverage). Easy to get there. My only reservation is the the long no wake zone to get to harbor. But I will re-check map.

If you guys are willing to launch at Pt Defiance on Sunday, we have ton of options. This will be one of the busier weekends but Pt D has massive parking lot. No problem with parking, but to avoid line to launch we probably need to be at ramp by 12.

As for Orcas Midd, bad news. PWCs are banned in San Juan county. 15,000 voters in the richest county in WA said ok to hydroplanes, cigarettes, seaplanes, motorized hang gliders, mega-yachts, etc., but heaven forbid you enter those elitist waters on a little PWC.

Edit: I wrote before I saw Dayton's last post. Dayton, what do you think about that Poulsbo no wake zone?
    Last edited by Blue 182; 06-30-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Nigel - It ain't too bad. Good thing we are on 4 strokes. If memory serves, it's about 10 minutes? If we shoot up the east side of Bainbridge, the wind shouldn't be much of a problem (if any). That way, coming back will be entirely sheltered. So, let's get a count and we can let the marina know to save us a place. (I actually asked this question there when I first visited) Say, leave around 10:30?

Dayton

Looks like it's a bit over 3 miles from the bend at Keyport Naval Station all the way in to Poulsbo marina. That's about 20-25 minutes of idle speed if it's all no-wake.

Thanks for the heads up on the PWC ban for San Juan County. Would hate to take my PWC up there and devalue somebody's oceanfront property by riding by 1/2 mile off-shore. Oh, the horror! Guess I'll have to spend my money at friendlier marinas!
    Sam
    2005 Sea Doo RXT

No way, Sam. It's maybe 2 miles. No wake zone is not too bad. Long,yes. But not like Lk Washington to Lk Union. Maybe 15-20 minutes. Like I said, been a while since I was there. But they would like a heads up on the number in our group to make arrangements.

Dayton

Since you guys are coming south to launch, we will go where you want although I do think staying south may be better. Lots goin on around here, short no wakes, know all the beaches, carry own food and beverages...

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information