Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

97 XP VTS Fuse Keeps Blowing

The 7.5amp fuse up front for the VTS keeps blowing on my 1997 XP. I've done an examination of all the obvious wires/cords, replaced the motor, checked all other fuses, and it is still blowing that fuse instantly every time power runs to it. After staring at the tech manual for a few hours and reading all the VTS text which had nothing to say about this problem, I'm at a loss. I'm hoping someone out there has had a similar problem and can shed some light. I bought the new motor/module OEM from WCSS, so I'm assuming I can trust that its good. Any suggestions would be appreciated; I'd hate for that $230 motor to have been bought for no reason.

Re: 97 XP VTS Fuse Keeps Blowing

The VTS box maybe bad that's causing the fuse to blow ( not the motor ) but the little box on top of the VTS housing.
    Mine went out so I just unpluged it & put the nozzle in the middle & ride.
    94 SPX
    96XP

Awesome. You're the second person to say it could be the component on the housing, so I'm going to go with that. It's the only lead I have as of now, lol. I appreciate the advice.

PWCToday Newbie

I have the same exact problem on a 2003 seadoo xp. i know nothing about how to work on it so its been to the shop twice in the last week. they put in a new motor and a new vts case, so i came out to the lake(1 1/2 away from shop) and the vts doesn't work...took it back and had them replace the switch and the fuse. I came back up to the lake and plan to stay for a week and a half, took it out and within 10mins it got stuck in the top position. any suggestions? i need maximum detail in your response because i don't know what im looking at. i was thinking that i would just get a new fuse put the vts in the middle and wait for the fuse to blow and deal with it later? if i did that, where do i find the fuse and what type of fuse? I know its in the MPEM or something module but i don't know where thats located.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home bills86e's Avatar

PWCToday Newbie visionoutfitters's Avatar

Did you ever figure out what it was? Mine is doing the same thing even leaving the 6 pin vts harness unplugged it will still pop as soon as I put a fuse in.

Go to the link below then look at the VTS Info and Repair section. There is a lot of great information in the FAQs section.

http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=236205

PWCToday Newbie visionoutfitters's Avatar

Yes but it says nothing about my issue.

Something is going to ground if it kicks the fuse instantly, I'd check wires for ground that should have none, it'll show 0 or close ohms. Then I would open her up and see what's grounding out, if the board is corroded a lot it could be layers in the board shorting. I don't know if that is a multi layered board but it prob is. There is a good chance a visual inspection of the components can find a short

Rem that you can do this with out that vts gauge with the buttons, motor and a pwr window relay. "What about the stops?" Ok, a voltage sensing pwr window relay, it sees the spike when the window or in our case trim hits the end of it's range.

VTS looks like it was designed at Polaris
    Last edited by Benflynn; 10-28-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information