Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frequent Poster

share your tigershark stories that you can look back and laugh

so today i took the 96 770 out for the first time and it start up fine well last year i removed all the fuel out of the carbs so it took about 2 mins to start it. so i got it started and it was running good and cool but then smoke was comeing out under the seat and out the front cover, so i thought my jetski was on fire and i almost $*it myself lol. i took the seat off and it was just smoke from the motor so i thought it was the oil i put in from last year coming out the carbs. but the seat back on and the motor was bogging down really bad and again smoke was coming out everywhere so i just took the seat off and went to dock. my partney and i was looking around to see if the exhoust was loose and it was not so then i went back out and the motors sounded so loud like the exhoust fell off and the motors bogging down cuz the smoke was choking the motor. back at dock my partner found the problem it was the tube for the muffler fell out so all the smoke will just stay in the hull rather then out the hull. so fixed the problem and loved riding my wife's 770. i kinda like my wife's 770 better then my 900. thanks for reading A&R Motors
    http://lynnboy021.tripod.com/public_html/home_page.html my free tigershark website that has alot of pics, videos, hard to find parts websites and free manuals..... hope my website can help you out....

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home nightrider05's Avatar

Re: share your tigershark stories that you can look back and laugh

I once rode one. To this day, I still look back and laugh my azz off. Can't believe I even touched that thing. Not sure what I was thinking.

PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?

I wasn't laughing at the time because it caused me to miss the first moto of my race. My dad and i worked frantically to mend the split seam in the bend of my exhaust hose that blew during practice. Luckily there was a hardware store across the street and we bought 5 ss hose clamps, an inner tube repair kit and a kitchen grippy thing used to open jars. Oh, and a roll of duct tape. The picture tells the rest. This held the rest of the day saturday and all day sunday too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My quote for the week of 03-February-2013 to 09-February-2013: "time to hang up the skates"
    Region 6 racing info:
    Monster Energy Midwest Watercross Tour
    Do you have it made in America?

Region 6
    Novice Runabout N/A Stock
    Shark Bait
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP 800
    Novice 800 Limited
    2009 Novi-Tec carbs
    Factory Pipe spec II
    Skat pump/prop
    ...and more.

IDK about laugh but I sire wish I would have rebuilt that first motor instead of sending it off to SBT, crank was probably just fine....

Frequent Poster

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider05 View Post
    I once rode one. To this day, I still look back and laugh my azz off. Can't believe I even touched that thing. Not sure what I was thinking.
    lol wow just like that
    http://lynnboy021.tripod.com/public_html/home_page.html my free tigershark website that has alot of pics, videos, hard to find parts websites and free manuals..... hope my website can help you out....

Frequent Poster

lownrangr what place did you get in the race... swiss what happend to your motor?

first motor would hardly run out of the water and in it it jut pumped water into the motor, bad head/gasket likely, one cylinder was pretty down/scored. First jet ski I ever owned and I was green and afraid. Looking back I feel like a tard for not splitting the cases, I could have maybe did a top end and saved about $700......

Frequent Poster

ya sbt motors are alot of $. i only paid 300 for my topend kit for my 900 and just did everything else myself.

PWCToday's first Tigershark owner Moderator
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home
    I can hold up my hand and point to where I live. Can you?

Quote Originally Posted by jaydandzach View Post
    lownrangr what place did you get in the race... swiss what happend to your motor?
    dead last since i missed a moto, but scored a 2nd place the next day.
    My quote for the week of 03-February-2013 to 09-February-2013: "time to hang up the skates"
    Region 6 racing info:
    Monster Energy Midwest Watercross Tour
    Do you have it made in America?

Region 6
    Novice Runabout N/A Stock
    Shark Bait
    1999 Tigershark 1100R (ret.)
    Novice 1200 Stock
    1996 XP 800
    Novice 800 Limited
    2009 Novi-Tec carbs
    Factory Pipe spec II
    Skat pump/prop
    ...and more.

"Well the results are in. Top speed of 46mph per my tom tom Gps. Much better jump off the bottom and better acceleration. I can fling it around with the throttle now and it whips awesome 360's now. Only about 2 mph increase in speed but much peppier now and great throttle response with the intake mod. It is even quieter now with Krispy's waterbox. Overall not much speed increase just more bottom end and mid range and will really whip great 360's all right off the start since it gets to plane immediately"

Well that was Sunday night as posted from my Android at my cabin and By Monday I had lost about 5 mph on top speed per my Tom/Tom Gps. It was very choppy on the lake that day with wind gusts of 25mph or so. Right now I got an email that my crank is on its way and I am looking a tube of Threebond 1211 on the desk while I am writing this and I have 4 new piston circ clips in a bag and I ready to get her running again. I have to say It was a lot of fun until my crankshaft took a dump. Every once in a while if you try to polish a T#rd you'll get your fingers all dirty. I think I will definitely stop trying to get any more performance out of a 640 cc engine and I need to get an older muscle ski like a Yamaha GPR1200 or an older Kawasaki Ultra 150 or a decent 1996 SeaDoo Xp with a highly tweaked 787cc motor in there like lownrangr has. I think I will keep the slightly tweaked Group-K sleeper 639 just to surprise the naysayers that think 640's are gutless. There is no replacement for displacement truer words were never spoken.
    Last edited by GustoGuy; 06-18-2011 at 03:10 AM.
    1999 TS 640
    Mods include Prok multifit with aluminum adapter
    Mukuni primer kit, 6 vein stainless steel delux Tigershark
    Jumbo Pump with 12/18 Polaris Skat Trak impeller from Impros. Group K flywheel mod (-0.7lbs) removed. Group-K Cylinder head mod milled for 91 octane 180psi compression, Group-K intake manifold mod, Lubrication: Amsoil Interceptor nonoxgenated 91 octane gasoline. Fett Brother 1.4 degree offset flywheel key.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information