Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1020 x-4 question

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post

After Danny's orginal design kits, a couple of us would modify the actual tabs to eliminate the rounded outside portion of the trim tab to reduce the sq inches of tab surface out there at the outer side portion of the trim tab. To achieve that was easy. Scribe a line from the back corner of the trim tab so that the longest part of the extension tab was next to the jetpump, and the outer side of the trim tab were it met the hull at the sides of the hull was as close to the hull hinge joint as it could be. Then just cut the line and presto, you have a long, narrow, triangular shaped tab that got wider the closer it got to the jetpump.
    Now we had a tab that substaintually reduced the risk of causing the ill effects to the handling, but just as importantly, when angled slightly downward in a corner, drastically reduced the lift at the outside corner of the back of the hull. If you want a hull to corner well, you do not want lift. You want traction, you want a pump that stays connected to the water, sucking the hull down to avoid sliding out in the tight corners.

A properly setup adjustable trim tab never needs to move very much up or down, as a degree or three from the plane of the hull bottom, either up or down will drastically effect the attitude of the hull. More degrees upward will allow the hull to porpoise, and more degrees downward will cause excessive bow steer and the hull will dart left and right, what is reffered to as "hunting".

Bill O'Neal
    WCM
    I love reading about your modification of your pwc, There are no pictures of these trim modifications???

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

Not unless you find some from an old race XP that still has a set on it.
    Bill O'Neal
    www.watercraftmagic.net
    For repairs and/or parts and appointments only:
    626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5 pm PST, ask for Chris.

Always speak your mind because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

PWCToday Newbie chrismcallister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redheat1 View Post
    I love reading about your modification of your pwc, There are no pictures of these trim modifications???
    Ours came cut when we first got our Team West Coast Race Boats...DSC00992.JPGWestcoast_NightTest_TeAtatu_02.jpg

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Matt Braley's Avatar

I love those Westcoast race boats. I have many carbon fiber hulls but none that show the weave on the outside like that.

Westcoast made their own adjustable trim tab kits though. Your skis probably have those. They usually have a pretty "splash" anno job on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information