• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JetSki'nVol
    PWCToday Newbie
    • May 2011

Any Recommendations?

Hey
    I’m new to PWCToday and was thrilled to see there is an organized jetski club in my area! Over the winter I purchased an 89 650sx standup and have been resurrecting it ever since on a monthly budget. Got it all together but I’m having fuel issues…replaced the lines, replaced the fuel pump, carb, ect…I know my way around an engine but by no means am I certified mechanic. Warm weather is here and I’m still sitting on the beach!...Anyone know of a good power sport mechanic in TN that would be willing to take a look? Only reason I ask is bc I pretty much got laughed out the door at my local power sport shop bc it is so old…They humored me and took a look and then charged me $90 for their troubles and sd they could rebuild it for me for $5500(I don’t have that kinda cash)…I live in Cookeville, TN. Cookeville is located right smack in the middle of Tennessee…willing to drive, willing to pay if someone might know somewhere in TN that knows these older standup jetskis? Thanks
  • wrighteous
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Feb 2008

Re: Any Recommendations?

I know a guy that can fix ya right up! He is in Lebanon right down I-40 from ya! Let me know if ya need his number!!
    Rok R

Comment

• dmvmechanics
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Apr 2011

dont take it to Irbys. ripppppoffffff

Comment

• JetSki'nVol
        PWCToday Newbie
        • May 2011

Thanks for the info guys!

Comment

• Bhouse77
          PWCToday Newbie
          • Aug 2011

Hey Ski'nVol did you get your ski running this summer? I just got an almost completely stock 00 Superjet and looking to start the "customization" process. Probably starting with ride plate, intake grate and nozzle. Anyone know who can assist with some of those items and perhaps some fiberglass work for footholds and new turf?

thanks

Comment

• JetSki'nVol
            PWCToday Newbie
            • May 2011

Hey BHouse,
            Yeah I got my ski running, but not the way it should, Ill probably swap engines or do something this winter on it! Man awsome to hear about your new superjet, honestly for footholds & new turf I might stop into you local car customizing shops...There is a guy in Cookeville that does car upholstry but once I stopped in and told him what i needed done, he made my 650 look amazing...I know alot of your car customizing shops do alot of fiberglasswork, so they def have the experience and they are usually always looking for something new to do, so that would be my first starting point unless you already got hooked up with someone bro.

Comment

• Bhouse77
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Aug 2011

Never thought about a car customization shop. Great idea, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X