Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Frequent Poster

Another 95 HX build Thread...

Hi All...
    new on this board, but have limited amount of knowledge on 2 strokes ( ASE and AME certified ) and this is my 3rd SD.
    My first was a 2001 RX-DI that i sold to my roomie, then the second was a 98 GTX and this was a steal off a deal !!!!

Paid $250 for the ski, but it came in 3 boxes LOL
    No biggie for me, just more of an excuse to make it "fun"

SO...
    Here's the list what i found on it so far !
    Seized PTO main bearings, bent rear drive shaft ( due to storing a tie down strap in the rear compartment ), some scoring on PTO side of the cylinder walls and piston ( about .001 - .002" ), upper gasket set is shot as well ( orings are borken in several places )

Now for the good !!
    40mm Carbs, Factory Pipe with ECWI, RFI Pump, R&D Grate, Unknown Impeller, Worx sponsoons, Bullet Carbon Ride Plate ( Got the stocker in the box as well ) and a mild porting job on the case !!

Already bought 96 XP MF gauge along with sending unit for fuel and oil, which makes life easier. Also since its becommimg a money pit i'd like to somewhat protect it, hence i been thinking about swapping in a MPEM that has DESS...
    Suggestions Please...

Engine wise....
    Keeping the story short i'm looking at 2 possible Scenarios...

1. - Sell all goodies and swap from 717 to 787 OR 951
    2. - Overhaul motor and tune it then rid the piss out of it till it goes boom again

Things that "worry" me if i go with second option...
    - Missing carb support bracket !!!
    - PTO Flywheel Splines life ( looking for 96 and newer PTO replacement in this case as I already Sourced a 97 primary shaft )

Also, what "side effects" would i be looking at if i deleted the pump on the PTO side carb and replaced it with the high volume mikuni one ??
    This would allow me to place 2 larger inline fuel filters to act as fuel accumulators between the pump and carbs thus allowing for a "reserve" in hard cornering without starving carbs for fuel

PO called me the other day and said he found another box of parts that came off the ski. He said that the factory bronze pump is in there and a few props as well
    Guess I'm going out for a ride to his place again LOL

PS:
    I'm not worried about gas grade as i work at the airport as Aircraft tech and i do have access to AV fuel

If I'm missing anything please fill in the blanks for me..
    Thanks

Frequent Poster

Re: Another 95 HX build Thread...

UPDATE:

Bought a BIG Bore kit and ported case Pics below...

Frequent Poster

Ported Case :

Rossier Big Bore Billet Head :

Big Bore Jugs:

Frequent Poster

PO Stated the following :
    "Cylinders are extensively race ported. This set-up is a must have for someone wanting to make a 720 absolutely rip. These are set up for stock stroke crank and use regular yamaha 760 pistons. the cylinders are just freshly bored and honed to .050 over "

More pics of the machine work...
    MAG Side :

PTO Side :

Last edited by _Adrian_; 04-28-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Frequent Poster

Input NEEDED on the head as i don't think it with the HX cooling system

Frequent Poster

0.050" = 1.27mm

Frequent Poster

UPDATE :

Got most of the parts ready including a Rebuilt crankshaft, but still waiting on the wiseco pistons. Picked up a few other things along with a West Coast intake manifold and a set of Spigot Mounted SBN44's in shaft to shaft configuration.
    A couple of interesting observations i made....

- INTAKE
    Intake manifold and case holes on the MAG side are out by 2.4 mm as in there is a shoulder on the block that can be ground away, but worrying about rotary valve - Input Please
    port dimensions on the case are :
    PTO - 44.68 x 40.68
    MAG - 44.28 x 40.68

- HEAD:
    Rossier Racing Billet Head - T330 - 33cc Domes
    Nothing unusual just a small amount of pitting from detonation on the PTO side dome. Also factory head bolts seem to be about 1/4 longer than needed as they bottom out.

- CYLINDERS
    Were marked at 3.321" and measured at 84.54mm and 84.55mm. Sleeves are clean with no visual scoring or deformation.

- CRANK
    Has been rebuilt by a local machine shop with new bearings through out and has new Hot Rods con rods.

Still waiting on :
    MSD Wires, New PTO boot, degree wheel, UMI Steering, New Bellows and Carbon Ring, 97 "white" water box and 587 PTO, 97 XP fuel sending unit and Fuel Gauge, R&D Nozzles and Spigot adapters.

Still on the looks out for a Magnum or Solas Pump...

Frequent Poster

Piston Diameter = 84.000 Millimeters
    Piston Oversize = 0.500 Millimeters
    Engine Stroke = 68.000 Millimeters

Computed Engine Displacement (CC) is 762.7

Frequent Poster

Yesterday received the XPL fuel sending unit, oil level sender and the fuel level gauge. Sadly the gauge was damaged during shipping, but may have found replacement.
    Today more goodies arrived
    Spigot mounts and R&D Nozzles ( 85/88 ) and what i thought were Wiseco's when i purchased turned out to be WSM's :/
    Ohh well... riding weather is here and i wanna get this ski into the water ASAP !!
    Sooo...

Now just waiting on the engine gasket set and have to order the 3mm spacer under the cylinders, track down an O-Ring for FPP chamber aannnddd cylinder bolts. Will just grind the stock head bolts to work on the Rossier Head.
    Last edited by _Adrian_; 06-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.

Frequent Poster

UPDATE :

Just need 3mm Base Gasket now

I did get the XPL baffle, but mine had an "extension" about 2" long that was glued in that i wiggled out to make it the same length as the stock unit.
    A Bracket will be made to hold 2 fuel/water separators side by side. Each carb will have its own filter/ separator and the feed will be joined and returned. Still have a few things to deal with like the plumbing of the cooling as well as for the engine and for the factory pipe.

And still on the search for some black trim and bumpers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information