• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mademan9
    PWCToday Newbie
    • Jun 2009

Looking for more Louisiana Riders

Looking for more riders in Louisiana. Im in Lafayette , we have about 4 of us. All different kinds of skis. X2's, sq and rn stand ups. Thinking of putting a group together to ride.
    http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?...Superjet-build
  • 83Gator
    Frequent Poster
    • Mar 2010

Re: Looking for more Louisiana Riders

There will be one heck of a group ride around the Morgan City area come the 2nd weekend of June...
    sigpicLooking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new
    trails every week with miles of water worth exploring -check us out today!

Comment

• mademan9
      PWCToday Newbie
      • Jun 2009

Whats going on out there? Is it a event?

Comment

• 83Gator
        Frequent Poster
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by mademan9 View Post
        Whats going on out there? Is it a event?
        An event? More like "the event"... no organized racing, although there will be a few personal "call outs" up and down the bayous. Just a bunch of enthusiasts from all over the country. I'd say we had well over 100 bikes show up last year...

sigpicLooking for a new place to ride that PWC of yours? Follow me to PWCTrailFinder.com We're adding new

Comment

• mademan9
          PWCToday Newbie
          • Jun 2009

I did hear something about Morgan City having a ride out there. Sounds like fun. Are there any stand up skis? And how are the gamewardens out on the water? meaning is it all good to try any freestyle tricks

Comment

• 83Gator
            Frequent Poster
            • Mar 2010

(Did you check the link...? be sure to check out all the threads, tons of info.)

I don't recall ever seeing any, but then again, there is no way I would see all the crafts that show up. But you would be welcome and I think it'd be a great addition to the individual uniqueness that we see among PWCs and their owners. Lots of modded bikes: Speed, custom paint jobs, stereos...

Your group should at least come out for one day and hang out on the bayou. Most of the riding is centered around Gros' Marina (http://www.facebook.com/grosmarina): Boiled crawfish, live bands, daiquaris and suds...

As far as areas for stand-ups to do some tricking... the south end of Lake Verret is very near Gros' and has acres of open water. Yes, the man will be out (Parish & LDWF water patrols), but I'd think as long as you are away from the main lanes of traffic, then you'll have no problem. Just be sure you have what it takes to be legal on the water.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
            Last edited by 83Gator; 03-30-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• mademan9
              PWCToday Newbie
              • Jun 2009

I think it would be a good time. Ill hit you up if there is any thing i need to know. Thanks for the info

Comment

• 83Gator
                Frequent Poster
                • Mar 2010

No problemo'...

Comment

• scjordan1986
                  Frequent Poster
                  • Feb 2011

Is there a website I can check this out on? Also where exactly in Morgan City is this event in June. I'm from Tx but work in Morgan City a month at a time and Usually bring my ski with me to have something to do. I'm riding a Honda R-12x.

Comment

• 83Gator
                    Frequent Poster
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by scjordan1986 View Post
                    Is there a website I can check this out on? Also where exactly in Morgan City is this event in June. I'm from Tx but work in Morgan City a month at a time and Usually bring my ski with me to have something to do. I'm riding a Honda R-12x.
                    ...looks like he found it; for anybody else that is interested: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/foru...ationals-Rally

Comment

• 83Gator
                      Frequent Poster
                      • Mar 2010

Hey all you SoLA guys, I just got through posting up my MB schedule: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...84#post1680184

Comment

• sidman83
                        PWCToday Newbie
                        • Nov 2009

im in New Orleans trying to put my gp760 back together hoping to have it running by june but dont know of any good mechanic shops around here anyone know of any?

Comment

• Limitedski
                          PWCToday Guru
                          • Apr 2008

3 guys and myself ride on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays on lake Ponchartrain. We ride buoys that we have laid out. All standups are welcome to come and ride with us.
                          We launch at the end of West End Blvd. by the marina in Lakeview, New Orleans.

Comment

• kevo621
                            PWCToday Regular
                            • Dec 2007

i'm in carencro. i'm buying 2 more skis and putting 2 of mine back together.
                            The only thing consistant is change.....

84 Kawi JS 550
                            78 Kawi JS 550

Comment

• doubled
                              I dream skis
                              • Feb 2004

damn kevo I thought I had too many jetskis....ha!

where do u ride? I have two buddies that ride with me out in henderson.
                              A bad day skiing is ALWAYS better than a good day of work! I've had plenty bad days.

03' 800sx-r port matching on aft carb intake mani, electric bilge, tinytach, boat launch mishap induced hull chine modifications....lol.

650sx
                              44mm mikuni w/vortex f/a, solas peller, ocean pro rideplate & grate, electric auto bilge w/overboard discharge
                              and lots of corrosion!

1100zxi
                              pretty much stock cept for the electric bilge and now a r&d scoop grate.

and a 14ft shuttlecraft

Comment

Working...
                              X