Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1996 seadoo 787 buckshot domes????

hey bill i need to know where to buy buckshot head domes or what will work?

Re: 1996 seadoo 787 buckshot domes????

Quote Originally Posted by JROBERTS929 View Post
    hey bill i need to know where to buy buckshot head domes or what will work?
    or does anybody know??

Frequent Poster

If you have a buckshot head for the 787, Miller domes fit.

Bill would be the best source and advice for domes and application.

Is their a website? does anybody have any for sale?
    Last edited by JROBERTS929; 03-06-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Tech Guru PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Watercraft Magic's Avatar

Miller 787 domes will work in Miller, Buckshot, and Bullett 787 heads because they are all really Miller heads. There is no website that I know of at the moment, but I could help you with most dome questions - including sales.

What compression are you hoping to achieve? And what other mods are gonna be on the ski? Also, what gas are you planning on running?
    email Chris at Watercraft Magic cdofixr1@live.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O'Neal View Post
    Miller 787 domes will work in Miller, Buckshot, and Bullett 787 heads because they are all really Miller heads. There is no website that I know of at the moment, but I could help you with most dome questions - including sales.

What compression are you hoping to achieve? And what other mods are gonna be on the ski? Also, what gas are you planning on running?
    Ok I would like the best I can get and still run pump gas it's 96 xp 1mm over wsm platinum pistons msd pro digital ignition and factory pipe so you tell me? also I am gonna race a little

The only reliable option for you in this case would be to run 43cc domes - which are the lowest compression that Miller makes for that motor at about 180-185psi. Running pump gas with an MSD and a Factory Pipe gives you almost no margin for error. And even with 43cc domes you're asking for detonation problems. There are a few people that have had luck where you're going. But there are many more that have melted pistons in the process. If you added 2 gallons of race gas for every 3 of premium pump gas, you could probably bump up to the next level of performance as far as domes are concerned.

I'm glad u said something had no idea just got building ski!! So should I bump it up and just premix the fuel and bump the domes size up or just 43 with the premix? And do you have some for sale?

Pre-mix vs. oil injection really has no bearing on the compression you should choose. If you mean "pre-mix" to refer to mixing premium pump gas with race gas, yes, it's a good idea for any SeaDoo that will have higher compression, an aftermarket pipe, and an aftermarket ignition. The 43cc domes are the safest option for sure. If you're a decent tuner, you could probably use 39cc domes as well but it will be closer to the edge. Keep in mind it'll be a race boat now. NO full throttle passes all the way across the lake anymore. Unless your lake is the size of a pwc closed course and has rough water all the time.

And yes, we have some 43cc domes in stock. Should have some 39cc domes in soon. Email my shop manager at cdofixr1@live.com if you're interested further.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Mr. Bill's Avatar

J,
    Besides the more abundant Miller brand heads, the billet Butch's heads were also the same heads that Miller made for Bullett, Buckshot, and his own name brand "Miller" billet heads. But none of those other name brands of heads have been made since about 1997, and all of the rest after about 1997 are labeled as Miller heads only.

The 787 and the 947 new style Miller heads are somewhat different than those he made back in the earlier years, but many of the earlier year 720, 787, and 947 domes and oring kits are still available and sold through Watercraft Magic.
    For further info, please email my shop manager, Chris Marrone at the shop. cdofixr1@live.com
    Or call 626 914 9509 M-F 10 am to 5pm PST.

Bill O'Neal
    WCM-disabled at the moment and only monitoring these forums as I can between doctors appoints, operations, and all of the other BS that comes with trying to stay healthy. Forinstance, on Monday, I had an eye operation and am now the one eyed pirate that scares my dog. Thank god it is only temporary !

Soon to be having a liver biopsy done next. Getting old is not what it was cracked up to be if you have sustained major bodily damages in the past, so do yourself a favor and take care of your body parts, you will be very happy that you did when you get to be my age.
    Good luck and thanks for using WCM for your pwc needs.

Bill O'Neal, at my home computer.
    WCM
    Last edited by Mr. Bill; 03-09-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information