I am looking to replace the CDI box on my Yamaha Waverunner III GP. It has a 701 engine. Currently the box that was in it when I bought the waverunner last summer was the 6ms which is listed for a 650 and not the 61x that belongs in it....to make a long story short...performed all the tests and check to rule out everything else and have come down to a faulty CDI box that is way out of spec in accordance with the continuity ranges given for this unit..

My question is this...I have been search the internet for the best prices in a replacement unit...I found new AFTERMARKET cdi units labeled ARIELTEK OR ARIELTEX...They are sold at Atlantic Jet Sports. com I was just wondering if anyone had used these unit or what they thought of them......In searching the best price I could find on an oem yamaha unit was around $260 and these aftermarket units run $180...I was considereing purchasing a used cdi on ebay...but they seem to go for about 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of a new one around $150-$200...I have been watching them on ebay all winter.......If I could find a used one for $50 I would be inclinded to try a used oem unit...but I hate to put the kind of money they bring into an old used unit and have it crap out too.....

Thanks for your help and advice.