Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home jetskijockey's Avatar

Re: WTF Wisconson , Protesting, this ain't Egypt !

Quote Originally Posted by R Hudson View Post
    You mean, human?

To be fair (and I know that can be difficult), when you are on the receiving end of something that appears to look very bad on the horizon it is very easy to assume the worst. The common reaction is to protect your interests. If you wouldn't at least consider a career change at a time when things are looking very bleak that would be irresponsible as an adult with a family.

It's hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes. I've been working in the private sector since I was 14 years old so the only window I have into the public sector are some family and friends who have worked or are currently working in that realm. I hear good things and bad things. Nobody that I know personally is overpaid for what they do. They aren't underpaid but they sure aren't overpaid based on their educational requirements, years of service, etc. The thing is that there ARE some folks out there who are indeed overpaid and the whole union thing is one huge gray cloud of good and bad (more recently bad).
    What hits me is that I am paying for these "careers". So does everybody else.

I am a hypocrite to say I don't whine about job pay. But, I sure the h3ll don't stop, pout about it, and then start demanding. I found out that gets me now where in life.
    Last edited by jetskijockey; 03-14-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Norge PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home R Hudson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetskitokey View Post
    What hits me is that I am paying for these "careers". So does everybody else.

I am a hypocrite to say I don't whine about job pay. But, I sure the h3ll don't stop, pout about it, and then start demanding. I found out that gets me now where in life.
    Absolutely agree.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Spim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post
    Yep, I'm proud to be me .

Yeah, this thread turned out to be a long one, and rather necessary IMHO, to understand the side that is rarely ever represented in news reports. Pretty funny actually that this thread (about WI primarily, then diverted to OH for a bit) was actually started by an outsider from north America's penis .

One more thought just struck me here:

...thus the need to know the TRUE facts, so that one can make a truly informed decision, rather than blindly following one side's ideology.
    lol, me and my penis say FU !

I still feel a connection to the North, I was raised outside of Chicago, 90% of my family Lives in IL, WI, OH, the rest of us (the smart ones) moved to the penis.
    The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Spim's Avatar

and FWIW, Korn opened himself up to the whole salary thing, was crying poor me, occupation change, all that union doom and gloom, the governer is evil, etc, and it was basically over minor salary issues that peeps like me in the private sector deal with every god dam year. He was the first one to put HIS salary up on the forum, and opened himself up to confirmation.

Normally Fox just pop's in, gives you a quick FU in one sentence, and moves along, but in this case he was correct to research to dispel some very incorrect information.

If I've learned anything in my years here: fox usually has his ducks in a row, if you plan on winning an argument with him, you better come prepared and not just make chit up as you go.
    Last edited by Spim; 03-25-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    The problem with normal is that it just keeps getting worse...

I would rather sit than quit...

Norge PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home R Hudson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spim View Post
    If I've learned anything in my years here: fox usually has his ducks in a row, if you plan on winning an argument with him, you better come prepared and not just make chit up as you go.
    This is probably the most truthful statement that I have ever read here.

Hey Spim, nice profile picture.

Hmm.....wonder who designed that?
    Last edited by R Hudson; 04-16-2014 at 11:43 AM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fox river pwc View Post
    The person in question posted his (version of) his personal information FIRST, and also posted comments as to how his salary would be declining dramatically - to prove a point he was trying to make about how teachers (such as him) were being mistreated and taken advantage of by those with political power. As I found his claims to be doubtful, I searched public records, and quickly confirmed that those claims were actually quite "less than factual", so I posted what I had found, along with many other numbers from teachers where the reality did not match the claims he was making. If he had only made claims about "teachers in general", that were completely false, then I would have simply refuted those claims. Because he chose to make claims about himself (that were completely false = as in his salary would be dropping to 24k), I chose refute those claims as well. Did I post things that others would not have? Sure, but I only did so in response to untruths that were being posted as fact in a political debate. People may not like having their income being known as public record, but the fact remains that public school teachers work for us, the taxpayer, and we have a right to know how much of our tax dollars go to support them. I therefore make no apologies. If people don't want to see the truth, then they simply should not try to win a debate/discussion with lies.

Edit: Posting lies is worse MOJO, imho...
    Ya I agree ..... the liberal kornball threw his bs up ... thinking no one would catch his lies { just like his master Obama } but this time he got schooled ! ... the math teacher .. got a math lesson ... HA ! HA ! .... HIM GOT OUT FOXED ! GOT A LOVE IT !

Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !

some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

!!!!
    Last edited by Super 1; 04-16-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Mac View Post
    And, to add, just because something is a matter of public record, it doesn't mean that it needs to be posted on a freakin jetski forum..... even in the politics section.

I know Paul and have spoken with him on occasion, so I don't mean to throw stones at him, but that was just bad mojo, IMO.

I work with educators a lot with my company and I can tell you for certain, there are plusses and minus to the unions. While I am personally not enamored with the unions and some of their tactics, I do understand why they are needed, especially in certain states. There are huge discrepancies between union power from state to state. In Virginia, they have very little collective bargaining power. But they still have 40K plus members simply because of the liability insurance. Also, our state ranks in the top 20 % of scores nationally, but our educators are paid in the lower 30%. Is that fair?

There are two sides to every story. Just like in politics in general, blindly following one side over the other will get you nowhere.

SM
    Yes and blindly fallowing a lie is what has happened to this country .... OBAMA lies ....Kornball falls right in this category ... and to be honest with you it would be a TOTALLY JACKASS MOVE to not expose Kornballs lies ... IF you knew where to go ...to find the truth out ..... all fox did was bring out the truth !

RIGHT ON ! RIGHT ON !

nothing gets better with anyone's life ... if they base every-thing on lies .. WE ARE AT A TIPPING POINT IN OUR COUNTRY ...FACE THE TRUTH CORRECT DIRECTION .... OR FALLOW THE LIES OFF THE CLIFF OF DOOM !

Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3676848586

Thread Information