Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

Adding cooling lines to my head

ok im sure this has been covered already

i am wanting to add additional waterlines to my head and was wondering after i drill and tap the head where do i place the two new water lines...do they go out the hull like the OEM pisser or do i need to route them elsewhere....

....any additional info like tap sizing/fittings/etc would be helpful

THANK YOU

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: Adding cooling lines to my head

are you adding another inlet? dual cooling? Unless you are you arent going to flow any more water, and adding fittings to your head is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

you can use 1/4 thread pipe fittings you can buy them on home depot or lowes and they sell the drill and tap kit for them. usually 3/8"" barb for dual cooling (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elbow...ssoriesQ5fGear) and 1/4" barb for single cooling (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-de...ssoriesQ5fGear ) and they go out like any pisser.

those are ebay links you can buy from atlanticjetsports. i like 1/4 thread because i can change the fitting sizes for diferent setups. i know you are running a 1100zxi. I install them on the carb side so water is forced arround the head. i am almost donw with my friends boat and have some good pics for the dual cooling setup on the 1100 motor.

PWCToday Newbie

great pic.....i guess im not understanding ur question JohnyX2......i have a OEM head with the factory setup...waterline on top of head going out to the pisser.....i have noticed that my front cylinder is running a bit warmer than the other two....i just thought i could tap the heads and run them out the hull and this would help...
    ....ok, now ur saying i need to bring in additional water(inlet)...im a fairly mechanically capable individual with many years working on dirt bikes, four wheelers and offroad built vehicles(trucks, land rovers, etc) so im quite comfortable with a wrench....however im not all that familiar with pwc hence that is why i am here on this forum trying to better understand the workings of this machine so pls i rather new to working on these but willing to learn and listen to those who have the knowledge and the trial and error.....so explain to me again what i need to do...by the way the compressions on my cylinders are at 117 psi, 120 psi, 119 psi just thought that might be important....

by the way carlosburitica i have read several items you have had here in the forum and tried some and found them to be great How To guides....thanks for the post

well dual cooling is one thing. if you are running stock all you can do is tap for 1/4 line in the front and back cylinder, there is no need of ading more water. you can drill the fitting on the pump itself couple milimeters to increase water flow. cdkii carbs have a bigger jet on the front cylinder 125 instead 120. (stock) lo lower the temp on the fornt cyl. you can open the hi jet 1/8 turn out and run it a little richer, thius will also lower your temp (not the best way to cool down and engine) but is safe. front cyl runs hot because of the strator. you may want to check if your system is free of clogs, sand gets stock all the time in cylinder. heads and elbow pipe. is water flowing freely thru the front pisser?????

Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flipper_re View Post
    great pic.....i guess im not understanding ur question JohnyX2......i have a OEM head with the factory setup...waterline on top of head going out to the pisser.....i have noticed that my front cylinder is running a bit warmer than the other two....i just thought i could tap the heads and run them out the hull and this would help...
    ....ok, now ur saying i need to bring in additional water(inlet)...im a fairly mechanically capable individual with many years working on dirt bikes, four wheelers and offroad built vehicles(trucks, land rovers, etc) so im quite comfortable with a wrench....however im not all that familiar with pwc hence that is why i am here on this forum trying to better understand the workings of this machine so pls i rather new to working on these but willing to learn and listen to those who have the knowledge and the trial and error.....so explain to me again what i need to do...by the way the compressions on my cylinders are at 117 psi, 120 psi, 119 psi just thought that might be important....
    I am here to help. You can drill the fittings all day long, you can even put 1" fittings on the pump, the head, the ex manifold...you are not going to flow one drop more water.
    You are limited to the flow that can go thru the smallest flow path, which is going to be the thru-hull tube. Typically they are 3/16 to 1/4 ID....Thats the most you will ever flow.
    The only way to get more cooling is to enlarge the flow path by upsizing the existing tube, or by adding a second line. Hope that helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    I am here to help. You can drill the fittings all day long, you can even put 1" fittings on the pump, the head, the ex manifold...you are not going to flow one drop more water.
    You are limited to the flow that can go thru the smallest flow path, which is going to be the thru-hull tube. Typically they are 3/16 to 1/4 ID....Thats the most you will ever flow.
    The only way to get more cooling is to enlarge the flow path by upsizing the existing tube, or by adding a second line. Hope that helps!

Thank you...i will look into that to help alleviate some of the temp variations with my front cylinder.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
    well dual cooling is one thing. if you are running stock all you can do is tap for 1/4 line in the front and back cylinder, there is no need of ading more water. you can drill the fitting on the pump itself couple milimeters to increase water flow. cdkii carbs have a bigger jet on the front cylinder 125 instead 120. (stock) lo lower the temp on the fornt cyl. you can open the hi jet 1/8 turn out and run it a little richer, thius will also lower your temp (not the best way to cool down and engine) but is safe. front cyl runs hot because of the strator. you may want to check if your system is free of clogs, sand gets stock all the time in cylinder. heads and elbow pipe. is water flowing freely thru the front pisser?????

Yes i have more than enough flow out of my pisser when im running it....i have checked for clogs as well. So what u r saying is that it is normal to have some variance in the temp of the front cylinder compared to the other two....the temp difference is not drastic...just noticeable when u feel the cylinder head.....thank you

Does anyone know the thread size of the cooling fitting going into a 750 west coast head? pretty sure its the same as stock but all the ones I can find are REALLY tight. Part number is 92005-3711 I know its 1/8 I just cant find the right thread pitch.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

1/8" npt, there is only 1 pitch.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Thread Information