Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: AnNUAL BIMINI SANDS PWC 100

Quote Originally Posted by IamBetter View Post
    I agree...

The weekend rates for a 1 bedroom at Bimini sands is $310... So $930 for 3 nights.
    Lets estimate fuel at $5/gal... so thats $250 for 50 Gals.
    $150 for the customs fee.

Total - $1330 before food.
    Continental breakfast (bagels and muffins), Lunch to go ( sandwiches and chips), and dinner.... Cheeseburgers and fries?

Lets estimate $30 per person per day for food... so for two people thats another $180

So you're out the door for a conservative $1510 when you get charged $2050...

So this guy is making $540 for the 2 rider deal.... so $270 per rider.... X 100 riders.... = $27,000 profit.
    2 PERSON PWC PACKAGE, 2 riders, 2 Jet Ski's(As Stated in the Post) - $2050
    $310/Night plus tax(12%) x 3 - Room
    $5/gal x 50gal plus tax(12%) per ski x 2 - PWC
    $58/day food plus tax(12%) & gratuity(15%) x 3 - FOOD
    $150 customs x 2 - VESSEL FEE

Prices set by BSR, Let's add it up and compare

ROOM: 310 X 12% = 1041.60
    GAS: (100 gal x $5) X 12% = 560.00
    FOOD: $58/Day X 2/PPL = $116/Day X 3Days = 348 X TAX(12%) = $389.76 + TIP(15%) = $448.23
    CUSTOMS: $150 X 2 = $300.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TOTAL: $2349.83 - did I do that right??? WOW, seems like the price that BSR is offering for this long weekend stay is pretty good. So by IamSam's calculations, instead of a $27,000 profit, JJ is paying BSR $29,983.00???

$2349.83(Actual True Cost) - $2050.00(package JJ negotiated with BSR on all participants behalf)

So what is the real problem, is it you can't afford it or you too scared to ride it, eitherway, you're welcome...........

Quote Originally Posted by IamBetter View Post
    If my attitude towards him seems less then civil its because I've been trying to communicate with him on my regular forum but he fails to respond to any of my messages and then his threads get deleted. So having to track this guy down across multiple forums is frustrating to say the least.

Obvisouly any sane person would bring as much common sense when attempting this trip. None of my questions had any relevence towards acting inappropriate in the Ocean. My questions were geared towards unforseen problems like mechanical failures. As a paying customer I would expect some type of reassurance that I would get to safety if something were to fail. I have a 2010 craft and maintain it to be in top form so I have full confidence in my craft... but sometimes **** happens that you have no control over.

A buddy system is a good idea but as a paying customer I shouldn't be held responsible for the safety of other paying customers. It should be up to the "owner" to ensure everyone is taken care of. As I said earlier... After paying thousands of dollars for this trip I wouldn't want to be put in a buddy group with some random person in an '89 Seadoo SP and have to play rescue if/when he has a failure and have my entire trip ruined.
    I totally agree that nothing is absolute and even a new watercraft can break...

As for holding someone liable:
    Even if you are a paying customer, the event-holder doesn't have to assume responsibility.. For instance, I do 1/4 mile racing and you have to sign a waiver before you can run at the track, I am sure you have to do the same when skydiving, cage diving, etc. An event holder can not predict what mother nature may throw at you, and if you think an event holder is going to hold responsibility, well you just might want to stay at home and ride in your local canal where it's safe.
    Current Skis:
    2010 Yamaha FZR
    1999 Kawasaki SXi Pro

Previous Skis:
    1986 Kawasaki X2
    1987 Kawasaki 650SX
    1988 Kawasaki 650SX
    2004 Honda Aquatrax R12X
    2004 Yamaha FX140
    2006 Yamaha FX HO 50th Anniv
    2008 Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser

JETSKI JUNKIES USA
    Kevin Hemingway
    Tampa Bay, FL
    k.hem@jetskijunkies.org
    FB: JETSKI JUNKIES
    WEB: www.jetskijunkies.org
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/kidoosrentals
    JETSKI JUNKIES is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
    Track him down? Hmmmmmm. Are there going to be helicopters circling overhead the whole way too for security? Or how about we alert the US NAVY... Holy crap... I mean dude, go, don't go, it's up to you. But why trash someone else's thread?? If some fool brings an 89 SP on the ride to Bimini then he himself should be prepared to leave it in the bottom of the sea in the event of a mech failure. Not up to the guy organizing a fun run to bimini. I think it would be AWESOME to see some dude ride to Bimini on a 2 STROKE!! ALL Balls. "make sure everyone is taken care of"??? Is this a Disney excursion? Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by bretster View Post
    JETSKI JUNKIES USA
    Kevin Hemingway
    Tampa Bay, FL
    k.hem@jetskijunkies.org
    FB: JETSKI JUNKIES
    WEB: www.jetskijunkies.org
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/kidoosrentals
    JETSKI JUNKIES is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
    Track him down? Hmmmmmm. Are there going to be helicopters circling overhead the whole way too for security? Or how about we alert the US NAVY... Holy crap... I mean dude, go, don't go, it's up to you. But why trash someone else's thread?? If some fool brings an 89 SP on the ride to Bimini then he himself should be prepared to leave it in the bottom of the sea in the event of a mech failure. Not up to the guy organizing a fun run to bimini. I think it would be AWESOME to see some dude ride to Bimini on a 2 STROKE!! ALL Balls. "make sure everyone is taken care of"??? Is this a Disney excursion? Just sayin...

nice post

LOL, I'd delete his crap but his ignorance is too damn hilarious.....
    JETSKI JUNKIES USA(JJUSA)
    www.iwannajetski.com
    Facebook & YouTube
    AWA, BoatsUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3TUHlJhPyo
    I wonder if they have chase boats? This is like 50 miles I think!!! Give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by bretster View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3TUHlJhPyo
    I wonder if they have chase boats? This is like 50 miles I think!!! Give or take.
    Big thx to K38 Rescue for their insight into Offshore Riding!!!

Sofl Riders Phil, Ian & Juan did it, no chase boat also......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8KYJNyxeY

Guys, I am going on this trip with my new Sea-Doo!

Last edited by FtLaudBlkGT; 02-09-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    Current Skis:
    2010 Yamaha FZR
    1999 Kawasaki SXi Pro

Previous Skis:
    1986 Kawasaki X2
    1987 Kawasaki 650SX
    1988 Kawasaki 650SX
    2004 Honda Aquatrax R12X
    2004 Yamaha FX140
    2006 Yamaha FX HO 50th Anniv
    2008 Yamaha FX SHO Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by FtLaudBlkGT View Post
    Guys, I am going on this trip with my new Sea-Doo!

ROFL, serious upgrade from the 89 sp!!!

Gotta love the keyboard warriors out there. Why make a new profile to just start some shiz..post up under your usual name. My other thought is this is only like 50 mile ride over. I do that almost every weekend. Every Journey has its risks. I'm doing this trip on a Kawi 650 standup pulling a tube. @Iambetter...if you dont feel safe or dont like how they are doing this then its real simple...dont go..and dont click on there threads. Its like when people ***** about a movie or show on TV..change the channel and go back to disney channel where everything is nice and secure.
    I think its great there are people out there working to set somthing really cool and different to go do...and somthing risky..not the norm weekend rides.
    Keep up the good work Junkies...I look forward to doing the ride (on a 2 stroke)!!!
    One other thing, I really dont care who you are and how much I paid for a trip, if I see somone in trouble I am right there to help no questions asked.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information