Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: FOG's 550/750 Build

Quote Originally Posted by imamachine View Post
    Sounds awesome Chris. You gonna put an aquamuff on this one too? You're last one sounded great!!! So the sun is setting on Joe's 550 fetish?
    I'll probably use a 750 waterbox with the Coffman's. I used the aquaM on Kyle's ski with a stock 650 exhaust. It worked a lot better than the Mariner waterbox. I agree on the sound...not terribly obnoxious but definitely not 'sleeper quiet'.

Joe and Cheree's skis (FX1 and SJ) are both running and looking good. Cheree's may have footholds by now. And hopefully he's got other fetishes to fill any void.
    Last edited by FOG; 01-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    I'll quit before I sit~~~

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Smokin'FX-1's Avatar

Haha, footholds aren't installed on Cheree's ski yet. Just pulled the jet trim off a couple days ago. Still have to scrape all the crap off and there's alot of it. I'll have them cut out and ready fro glass by next week, garage gets kinda cold with out a heater. I'm placing a decent order for glassing supplies and some cf cloth in a day or two so I'll have everything I need. I need to chop my extra fx-1 hood up and mod it as well.

I still have a 550 hull here and all my parts. Hull is completely apart and defoamed plus has some cutting done. Hood is apart and cut for some reworking and a lighter liner. It also has the holes cut for the rec footholds I made. Put it'll rarely get worked on right now, too many skis to work on, plus I took a chunk out of the bottom of my fx-1 again, right near the pump shoe. Thinking I may do a ghetto fix and glass real quick on that.
    Last edited by Smokin'FX-1; 01-07-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Paul Newman Stunt Double

Finally got some time to put into this build and see if I can catch up with JSNate.

I spent a few hours today removing turf from tray and rails. Also started stripping paint. I have a paint scheme in mind but will reveal that later. Once I get all the paint stripped, I'll true the hull. Toying with ideas about the tray area, perhaps a bit wider, maybe short flat deck at rear...not sure. But there's going to be FG work to get the Coffman's pipe to fit so I might as well modify the tray area like I want it. Also some FG work in motor bay for reinforcement, added weight, and to secure a thin area where water box has worn hull thin.

I acquired another motor, small pin 750 with ebox. I will probably install that motor instead of building my big pin. Black Kawi (son) bought a conversion plate for the build and I'm waiting on that to arrive. Last major item to get is impeller.

Still tons of work to do on this ski but at least I'm off the mark and started.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Resident Guru

your conversion work seems to be top notch good to see you're back on the wagon!

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JSNate's Avatar

Glad to see you posting updates on this ski.. I am looking forward to watching this quality build progress.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

I'm in for ideas. My conversion ski should be reassembled and on the water the week after Easter (with a dry suit of course, the lake just thawed completely two days ago)
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PWCToday Guru

I'll drop your conversion plate in the mail asap!
    Looking good, can't wait to ride this one.. and eventually steal it.
    85 JS550/750

Quote Originally Posted by black kawi View Post
    I'll drop your conversion plate in the mail asap!
    Looking good, can't wait to ride this one.. and eventually steal it.
    If you still have the sheet lead, send that too! As for stealing it, we won't be able to ride Lake Mead beginning 2013 so please wait until then.

Boring chit, I know, but I'm posting pics for my benefit (future reference). Anyway, I got further today getting more paint off this hull. I'll be glad when I can put down the putty knife and chemicals and start sanding. It will be nice to have a 'clean slate' to start with.

Absolutely b1tchin' handle pole on black over white ski in 'Photo Contest' thread (dbslim?). I have access here to fantastic fab/welder friend and I'm considering having a couple of those done.

I've got brand new handle bars (7 degree) if someone has good 0 degree bars and wants to swap.

Also, I have three 440 pumps (w/ stainless liners) in excellent shape. $65 each, shipped to lower 48. PM with an email address if you're interested and want pics. Also have drivelines, two used 17* impellers, and I think one 14/17, all 440.
    Last edited by FOG; 04-04-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Well, it's official. I decided to widen the tray and flat-deck the rear. I will also replace the small water line from the pump cavity with larger diameter hose so I'll know motor is getting sufficient flow. There's plenty of room to put in rear exhaust so that may happen also.

I'm going to wait to true the hull until I get the FG work done. Hull bottom is in pretty bad shape with lots of gouges and one half-dollar size impact spot near the front that cracked thru to motor compartment under the water box. That area is going to be reinforced as well as several pounds of sheet lead glassed in so it's no big deal.

As soon as conversion plate arrives I will mock up the motor and exhaust and 'bubble' the side of the hull so I can get the Coffman's pipe in there. Once that's done, I can start the foam and FG work.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information