Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Attention ***** PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home JonnyX2's Avatar

Re: any hunters on here?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Crockett View Post
    Women when they're PMS-ing ? . . . . . .

No you big dummy, he was talking about Snipe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebird A/C&Heating View Post
    OMG.....Rules for 550 vintage ski class...550 ski riders do not conform to any kind of rules. That is why you are riding a 550 ski in the first place. Rules suck....
    PS...the rule book will be in my 550 pump
    Quote Originally Posted by WB1994
    Listen , stop your cryin' , its only an X2.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 10mm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyX2 View Post
    No you big dummy, he was talking about Snipe!

Now there ain't nothing like a little cheesy eggs and snipe for breakfast. Rare treat.

I tell you what MO and Jonny...funny you should say that. When I joined the Army in '96 I never heard of snipe. Well, I marry this beautiful girl from the back woods of North Carolina (has all of her teeth) and she plays this trick on me. I told her my family and I went hunting every year up near Ely, Baker, Lehman Caves, Great Basin NP area. I told here I've never heard of snipe before what were they. She came up with this elaborate story about them being like a racoon but a little bigger and they come out at night and you need a flashlight so on and so forth. So she asks me if she can take me snipe hunting.I oblige and say yes. Mind you this happens before we get married, so we drive to this little area at night and she says get out and start walking in that general direction as she pointed to me. I'll turn the car lights off and back up slowly so as not to scare off the snipe. So, I BELIEVE HER, and she does it very slow. Next thing I know when she hits the black top she begins to drive away with the light on and I thought she was going to get out and come with me. Anyways, she left me there out in the middle of Bum Fvck North Carolina woods for about 10-15 minutes. I was both pissed and embarrased. I was able to laugh at myself for actually believing her. We laugh about it til this day.

That's what I get for being a city slicker married to a country girl....
    2000 SeaDoo RX Millenium Edition
    1990 JS440 (Original Owner) PJS Ski (Peek at photo album)
    1989 JS550 "Haulin' Harry G's" Westcoast Ski (Peek at photo album)
    1986 JS550 (Daughter's Ski) Almost completely stock - for right now

2011 GREAT LAKES WATERCROSS TOUR - Vintage 550 1st Overall
    2013 GREAT LAKES WATERCROSS TOUR - Novice Ski Lites 3rd Overall (KAW SXR #147)
    Thanks to SPONSOR S.Hyke Performace Racing Products

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home 'Crockett's Avatar

What a doofus . . . . . everybody knows a snipe is a bird . . . . . .

What you gotta do, is get you a burlap sack and a couple of long sticks, then you go out in the woods, kneel down, make an "X" on the ground with the sticks hold the sack open in the middle of the "X" and start saying: "sniiiiiiiiiiipe" . . ."sniiiiiiiiipe" . . . ."sniiiiiiiiiipe"
    that's their mating call . . . .

Hell, they're so dumb when they come running at you they won't jump over the sticks so it acts like a funnel and they run right in the bag . . . . . . . . . .

Well....I was a doofus at the time because I never heard of a "snipe" or ever so funny snipe hunting gag! Se la vi. I just chalk it up to being a city slicker who was sheltered I guess. Oh well.
    2000 SeaDoo RX Millenium Edition
    1990 JS440 (Original Owner) PJS Ski (Peek at photo album)
    1989 JS550 "Haulin' Harry G's" Westcoast Ski (Peek at photo album)
    1986 JS550 (Daughter's Ski) Almost completely stock - for right now

2011 GREAT LAKES WATERCROSS TOUR - Vintage 550 1st Overall
    2013 GREAT LAKES WATERCROSS TOUR - Novice Ski Lites 3rd Overall (KAW SXR #147)
    Thanks to SPONSOR S.Hyke Performace Racing Products

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home garrcass's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't hunt much any more but I have a good snipe story I can post later.
    ( Girlfrends are cheap X2,s are expensive )

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home garrcass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

grew up shooting muzzle loaders in black powder clubs. every year each club has a annual rendezvous. you wear MT man leathers and wear trapper trade era clothing and shoot trails of shoulete targets for competition and throw hawks and kinifes and such. well there was one rendezvous that had a Snipe hunt at night for kids soda cans filled with rocks to shake and flashlights. well this one year there was something scampering in front of this group of kids chasing after it. i ran around the mob and dove on top of it picked it up and ran to one of the adults with a burlap sack he had a most surprised look on his face as i shoved it in the sack. i was to hyped up to register it at first but later i realized it was a small pelt on what must have been 100lb test fishing line. they did not expect any of the kids to be able to catch it some one must have put a lot more faith in there reeling skills. they threw together a award for me because it was un expected. and my rendezvous name became snipe hunter. but i can say i am the only person i know to this day to go on your typical out of season (Snipe Hunt) and actually get something !

if you guys ever have a chance to go to a rendezvous go ! i can say i am glad i grew up knowing a one shot muzzle loader before any smokeless cartridge gun it has really made me a better shot
    ( Girlfrends are cheap X2,s are expensive )

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information