Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    PWCToday Regular

Re: winterizing stx-15f... what do i need???

Profile updated.

I moved to Spokane a year ago and we had two stretches of temps down to about 5 degrees. I am pretty certain my garage never got lower than 32 degrees and maybe I can just put a small space heater on the ski and cover both with a tarp when the weather get's real cold. That may be more trouble than just draining the water out which is probably what I'll do this year.

Quote Originally Posted by charger_john View Post
    I agree Greg, putting antifreeze in there means that (some or all) is going to end up dumped on the ground or in a lake. Much better to drain the water out!
    Here in western WA, I have never had a ski freeze water in it, as long as it's in the garage anyway.

Use RV antifreeze which is just alcohol.. safe for the ground our your lake..

PWCToday Regular

Thanks will do.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by cleetus View Post
    Use RV antifreeze which is just alcohol.. safe for the ground our your lake..

Correct above, why risk a fire with a space heater, especially on the ski.

PWCToday Regular

Winterizing today.

I have noticed in the past if I just start the ski in the garage and run it for a few seconds, quite a bit of water shoots out the back of it. I'll do that a couple times after I drain the water as shown in the diagram.

I have flushed an old Sea Doo out on occasion but have yet to do that with the STX 15F. The water where I ride is super clean so I don't worry about debris build up and since I have not flushed the system and don't know what I need, I'll just do the drain thing. If this is all the manual recommends, that is what I will do.

When I first started up my ski this past spring time I did NOT notice a bunch of smoke pouring out of the exhaust. This leads me to believe the motor was never fogged. The manual doesn't say this is necessary to do but it seems like a lot of folk do it anyway. I'll see what I can find locally for this.

Greg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information