User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: winterizing stx-15f... what do i need???

Quote Originally Posted by shuswap View Post
    The book says to remove that lower hose I mentioned earlier, tip it this way and that, so it drains, then you can re-attach it snuggly. It's not that hard to do and you WILL get some extra water out for your efforts
    12XXX, shuswap is correct, it is not hard to do. Just take a little time to study the picture in the OM so you are taking the correct hose off. Once you get it off, take and point the open end as low as it will go into bottom of the hull to drain the exhaust pipe.

PWCToday Regular

I have a STX-12F, and I'm not sure how I'm going to winterize it yet. We keep it in the garage but it does occasionally freeze out there. What I might do is put a couple 25W light bulbs inside the hull to keep it slightly warmer in there. (Only necessary on a few very cold days, depending) But I am not recommending this of course, the idea of fuel vapors inside the hull has occurred to me.

PWCToday Guru

Just follow the manual, tipping it nose-up to get the last of the water, as well as the hose that comes off to drain the exhaust/stator cover.

PWCToday Guru

Well, followed the manual, but decided to remove the hose that is located at the front of the first waterbox, underneath the connecting pipe and not particularly easy to see....and another cup of water drained out, much to my dismay.

Quote Originally Posted by shuswap View Post
    Well, followed the manual, but decided to remove the hose that is located at the front of the first waterbox, underneath the connecting pipe and not particularly easy to see....and another cup of water drained out, much to my dismay.
    This is a different hose than what's in the Kawi manual? I'm doing mine next week-end and will look for this.

Thanks for the info.

As ive said in another post, When you disconnect that hose by the stator cover, use a shop vac to suck out all the remaining water from the exhaust pipe, just cup your hand around the vac hose and put in the coolant hose, making sure not to suck up the clamp, oh yeah, and leave the plug out of the flush attachment

PWCToday Guru

Ok course, I'm not sure this would cause a problem with freezing, but I was surprised at the amount that remained after all the draining. Thanks for the shop-vac idea. I'm thinking of using a bilge pump to inject antifreeze through the flush attachment next year.
    Last edited by shuswap; 11-14-2010 at 02:38 PM.

I did the bilge pump anti freeze this year, after I sucked all the water out with a shop vac, I figured some antifreeze would get into the waterboxes and mix with the remaining water in them

PWCToday Guru

Dave, did you have the motor running and how much antifreeze did it take?

Yes I had the motor running, and I only used 2 gallons, I would prefered to have used three, its cheap enough and it comes out the pump pretty quik

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information