Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home WFO Speedracer's Avatar

Re: My Jetski trailer build

Quote Originally Posted by alaski View Post
    What about the problem with welding galvanised?
    Who is welding galvanized steel ? You do realize that galvanized trailers are made of plain steel and then the whole trailer is dipped in zinc to galvanize it right ?

The trailer I made was painted , no need for galvanized trailers in my neck of the woods.
    Y'all know me, still the same O.G. but I been low-key
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

WWSRD , What would Speed Racer do ?

Another few years go by and there have been many setbacks, I am no longer at the welding shop, that deal did not work out so the trailer was filled with stuff when I moved out and has been sitting like that since a while after the last post here was made .

Not to worry though progress was made last week and this week, floor was removed and pressure washed, the plywood floorhas been cleaned and has received two coats of vinyl ester resin for waterproofing and the floor will be put back in once it is sprayed with bedliner ( I really don't want it rotting out ), 1" foam insulation was glued in between the metal with right stuff foam.

I also have a new metal coil roll for the sides, that will go on with contact adhesive weldwood in the red can to be specific and I located some flat fiberglass panels to finish up the inside, windows were removed to install the metal plus it makes it a lot easier working through the window cutouts to resin the floor, sand down the metal and paint it and that sort of thing.

Pics tomorrow it gets dark here early now.
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 10-27-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    hated on by most these &^$$@s with no cheese, no deals and no G's, no wheels and no keys, no boats, no snowmobiles, and no skis, mad at me cause I can finally afford to provide my family with groceries

Flor has been coated with resin and left to dry overnight, I then sprayed four cans of rubberized undercoating over the resin, I will let that dry a day or so then put the floor back in place. The floor was taken out in one piece, it basically just slides in and out with a little persuasion.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 10-28-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Floor has been pressure washed and put back in, there are some spots in it that did not clea up , I will try a couple of things on that but in the end it is still a floor.

I have found over the years tat you can measure stuff all you want but my preference is to put whatever is in question into the space and see if it fits the space, as you can see it does with adequate headroom, it also make the decision on what to cover the inside of the top with pretty easy, headliner material in case I bump my Noggin.

The air mattress will store in the space above the skis inside of the top when not in use, more on that can of worms later.

Also planning to install a solar shower and possibly some type of electric auger or lift since the trailer is a tilt trailer, this will happen well after I get the sides covered , the interior done and the top finished and back on the trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WFO Speedracer; 10-29-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information