Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 370 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar

Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Mac View Post
    My set up is pretty easy. I used a 1100STX driveshaft that was shortened about a quarter inch at the rear spline. I used that shaft to determine motor position - ended up about 1 inch to the rear of the stock motor mounts. The 800 bedplate bolts right to the 1100 motor with no mods. You will have to slim down the electrical box to clear the rear cylinder.

As for motor, I run the timing advance mod, ada billet head, 150psi compression, stock reeds, R&D intake manifold, ultra 150 reed spacers, triple silver mikuni 44 carbs, dried out stock pipe, modded waterbox. that is pretty much it. I am pushing a 142 set back mag 7400rpms with a 17/24 prop. Best speed to date was 63.3mph on good old pump gas.

What I am planning on doing is lifting the cylinders about 60 thou, milling the top of the cylinder, having it ported by Tim Judge, some case porting and some more water routing mods. I also want to add a second incoming water line to the intake manifold and a third line dedicated to the pipe. I believe I will be able to clear 65 with this, if not more. My only thing is, I won't go above pump gas. NO RACE GAS FOR SCOTTIE. After talking to TJ, I think this thing is going to rip. There is a lot to be had with these triples and motor work. If I can get over 65 on pump gas, I will be happy as a pig in $hit, lol. Then, if I can get healthy, maybe run some vet ski races next year, lol. That way I can show everyone how fast the ski is and how slow I am on it.

Scottie
    vforce reeds , and novi 48 carbs , you will be at 65 !

Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !

some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar

I wont go bigger on the carbs because of the small gas tank. Even with the 44sm the fuel economy is pretty bad. NOVIs are awesome, but they would make the ski pretty much a 15-20 min. ride a tank.

Scottie
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

Maybe someone could clarify for me if I'm wrong, but after all the reading I've done on here, I thought the 900 was the better triple to go with. Obviously the 1100 is 200cc bigger but the power band is more gradual, whereas the 900 has more torque, but less HP. I would think that the 900 in that case would be better as you would have a solid hole shot, as well as the power to accelerate quickly out of turns. Feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home bkoche's Avatar

Kinda like the Yami 701 being a better motor than the 760?
    2004 SXR - FPP Wetpipe, Blowsion railcaps, 4deg bars, billet clamps
    1994 750sx - Loaded -FOR SALE
    1983 JS550 - WC RC520 reed cylinder, WC Head, PJS WB, Dual 38SBNs, WC 750 reed stuffers, WC Stacks, WC 6.5gal tank, FPP Halfpipe, SBT High torque starter, 16.5 Skat, Blueprinted 440 pump, lightened driveshaft, 76mm OP nozzle, Jetsport bulkhead brace, 90wt mod, WC scoop, Rend plate, Rear exhaust, Carbon Fiber

1991 Honda CB750
    1976 Suzuki RE5A
    1976 Suzuki GT750A
    1975 Suzuki GT550M

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home sxr951's Avatar

Wake me when some one hits 70.m.p.h.( no trailer jokes please)
    some one has to start thinking big. what's peak power sports brewing in their laboratory? he started all this 951 stuff.
    Last edited by sxr951; 10-07-2010 at 02:05 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

anyone got pics of the 1100 engine in either kawi or a hydro thinking of going that way ,thanks.

I wont go bigger on the carbs because of the small gas tank. Even with the 44sm the fuel economy is pretty bad. NOVIs are awesome, but they would make the ski pretty much a 15-20 min. ride a tank.

Scottie
    Scottie,

What is your ride time with the 44s? I am ditching the CV stockers and looking to go to the mikuni 38s on the stock manifold(with adaptors) or 44s on a r&d intake. What do you think?

Dano 7
    99 ZXI 1100 - Parting out. No engine or ebox. PM me for other needed items.
    04 SXR 1100
    02 SXI PRO
    04 SXR 800
    17 YZ 250X

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar

I am sure the 44s are less fuel economical than the stock cvrs, but I don't think it is all that much. Either way, you are dealing with a 3 cylinder 1100 pulling from a small 4.5 gallon tank. I don't think any set up is going to be good on gas, lol. But, I figured the 44s would be the best combo of tunability and fuel economy.

Scottie
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

I'm running 44 mikuni's on the black boat with vf3's and r&d manifold. They are sooooo much nicer than the keihins!!! Economy wise, I suspect they are marginally better than the keihin sudco/greens I was running before.

Anyone actually back to backed the 900 pipe over the 1100 pipe?

Runeblade, never heard of the 900 having more torque than the 1100.

The black boat has plenty. This is the starting procedure: Full tank, nose over bar pad, full down trim, use foot as trim tab, nail it. If you don't get it perfect, it will pig root and ventilate the pump!! The off the start acceleration can best be described as fooken silly. Thats with a 142 12v step back and tbm plate.
    our home is girt by sea

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar

Scottie
    it depends on how much time spent at wide open throttle , 20-25 would be my guess thinking about how much the triple mod-ed raider goes through when you are on it all the time ,

on the kawidoo i usually come in before the tank gets empty just to fill it up for the extra weight ,

i would run the vforce , you will gain all the way around , well worth it , they work great ,and last good on a kawi .

if i switch from the stock carbs, i am sure i will set up some 48novi's that i have sitting around here , a 6 gallon aluminum tank would be nice for sure for longer rides
    Last edited by Super 1; 10-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !

some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

Page 3 of 370 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information