pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 370 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 3691
  1. #11
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Twinturbostang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    13,443

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Are you guys drilling the head so it cools even? The 1 center just doesn't seem right to me.
    RAD DUDES
    www.RadDudesFI.com
    www.Jetskiporn.com
    95 X2 Kawi Dasa Powered , Last one of the Era http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=223257
    I sell drugs to support my Ski addiction

  2. #12
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NW
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Twinturbostang View Post
    Are you guys drilling the head so it cools even? The 1 center just doesn't seem right to me.
    if i use a billet head i will for sure , like the ADA



    Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !


    some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

  3. #13
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Twinturbostang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    13,443

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    How much are those?
    RAD DUDES
    www.RadDudesFI.com
    www.Jetskiporn.com
    95 X2 Kawi Dasa Powered , Last one of the Era http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=223257
    I sell drugs to support my Ski addiction

  4. #14
    I dream skis eel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    down under
    Age
    48
    Posts
    720

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Super 1 View Post
    on the inside of the motor compartment use 2 part epoxy with colorant added to it ,

    west systems is a good one , mix maybe 2 cups at a time because it sets up fast , use a brush to put it on ,

    use cheap throw away brush's for this because you will need several

    this is the best way to do it because if you ever have hull damage you just sand it mix more epoxy and glass , add the colorant , make the repair , if you used paint you would have to grind all the paint off before you repaired , plus this adds strength to the hull .

    a few pics of my kawi doo hull after this was done on mine . to give you and idea what it looks like after
    Looks much better than mine mate!!
    our home is girt by sea

  5. #15
    I dream skis eel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    down under
    Age
    48
    Posts
    720

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    You can run two 3/8" brass fittings from stock head. It is a but thin but takes a 1/8"npt thread no drama. I'm running stock head with squish cut approx 1.5mm to take 3mm stroke. Once I get desired squish clearance, I will cc it installed and see if I have to cut face or dome to get target comp.
    our home is girt by sea

  6. #16
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blasterville, USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Can't wait to see what you guys get out of these skis. I absolutely love mine. I am sticking with the stock stroke, but playing with some other ideas. Nothing is better than cheap, fast skis! Eel, your ski sounds awesome, Dan, I know you won't cut any corners. lol

    Scottie
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

    Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

    Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

    Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

    Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

  7. #17
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NW
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Mac View Post
    Can't wait to see what you guys get out of these skis. I absolutely love mine. I am sticking with the stock stroke, but playing with some other ideas. Nothing is better than cheap, fast skis! Eel, your ski sounds awesome, Dan, I know you won't cut any corners. lol

    Scottie
    Scottie put up some info/spec's on what you came up with on that tweeked stock set up that you are running if you can , i am very interested in that ,

    i know you said you got 63 out of it so far on pump gas ,



    Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !


    some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

  8. #18
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Super 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    NW
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by eel View Post
    You can run two 3/8" brass fittings from stock head. It is a but thin but takes a 1/8"npt thread no drama. I'm running stock head with squish cut approx 1.5mm to take 3mm stroke. Once I get desired squish clearance, I will cc it installed and see if I have to cut face or dome to get target comp.
    3 mil stroker should run killer ! i run rad 3 mil strokers on my X2 mod motors they scream !

    i like the strokers because you can cut down on the transfer ports and exhaust ports and get more air flow , that way

    stroker's work better than big bore's on these motor's due to the amount of or lack of transfer port runner area,width wise
    Last edited by Super 1; 10-07-2010 at 01:42 AM.



    Obama is a dirty gutter crawling african maggot ! .. so is his dirty wife MOOOCHY .. the " MOOCHER "
    blood sucking sucking liberal dirty 2 faced RAT's !


    some day i will till ya how i really feel .........

  9. #19
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Scottie Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Blasterville, USA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,346

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    My set up is pretty easy. I used a 1100STX driveshaft that was shortened about a quarter inch at the rear spline. I used that shaft to determine motor position - ended up about 1 inch to the rear of the stock motor mounts. The 800 bedplate bolts right to the 1100 motor with no mods. You will have to slim down the electrical box to clear the rear cylinder.

    As for motor, I run the timing advance mod, ada billet head, 150psi compression, stock reeds, R&D intake manifold, ultra 150 reed spacers, triple silver mikuni 44 carbs, dried out stock pipe, modded waterbox. that is pretty much it. I am pushing a 142 set back mag 7400rpms with a 17/24 prop. Best speed to date was 63.3mph on good old pump gas.

    What I am planning on doing is lifting the cylinders about 60 thou, milling the top of the cylinder, having it ported by Tim Judge, some case porting and some more water routing mods. I also want to add a second incoming water line to the intake manifold and a third line dedicated to the pipe. I believe I will be able to clear 65 with this, if not more. My only thing is, I won't go above pump gas. NO RACE GAS FOR SCOTTIE. After talking to TJ, I think this thing is going to rip. There is a lot to be had with these triples and motor work. If I can get over 65 on pump gas, I will be happy as a pig in $hit, lol. Then, if I can get healthy, maybe run some vet ski races next year, lol. That way I can show everyone how fast the ski is and how slow I am on it.

    Scottie
    Those who have done the least in the sport are always the ones with the most to say.

    Best career accomplishment: Fatherhood

    Proud Member of TEAM TFP!

    Support those who support the sport!!!
    JAM Racing
    Judge Motorsports
    www.hotproductsusa.com
    www.optimaracing.com
    www.nynjapwc.com
    Judge Motorsports
    www.raddudesfi.com
    ProWatercraftracing.com
    www.ipdjetskigraphics.com
    ADA Racing
    Monster Motorsports
    A&R Performance

    Mmm........ a pizza sounds good right about now!

  10. #20
    I dream skis eel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    down under
    Age
    48
    Posts
    720

    Re: SXR 1100 triple pic's , and mod's build thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie Mac View Post
    My set up is pretty easy. I used a 1100STX driveshaft that was shortened about a quarter inch at the rear spline. I used that shaft to determine motor position - ended up about 1 inch to the rear of the stock motor mounts. The 800 bedplate bolts right to the 1100 motor with no mods. You will have to slim down the electrical box to clear the rear cylinder.

    As for motor, I run the timing advance mod, ada billet head, 150psi compression, stock reeds, R&D intake manifold, ultra 150 reed spacers, triple silver mikuni 44 carbs, dried out stock pipe, modded waterbox. that is pretty much it. I am pushing a 142 set back mag 7400rpms with a 17/24 prop. Best speed to date was 63.3mph on good old pump gas.

    What I am planning on doing is lifting the cylinders about 60 thou, milling the top of the cylinder, having it ported by Tim Judge, some case porting and some more water routing mods. I also want to add a second incoming water line to the intake manifold and a third line dedicated to the pipe. I believe I will be able to clear 65 with this, if not more. My only thing is, I won't go above pump gas. NO RACE GAS FOR SCOTTIE. After talking to TJ, I think this thing is going to rip. There is a lot to be had with these triples and motor work. If I can get over 65 on pump gas, I will be happy as a pig in $hit, lol. Then, if I can get healthy, maybe run some vet ski races next year, lol. That way I can show everyone how fast the ski is and how slow I am on it.

    Scottie
    I recon we are running similar hp on the black boat going by revs and pump setup.

    Case porting makes silly off the dock gains. The cases are fuken bad stock. The stock port timing is just plain wierd, Relatively high ex ports and no transfer??? I thought it was it's because of the bad cadency of the stock 3 into 1 pipe but I been creeping up on the transfers and finding gain hand over fist.
    our home is girt by sea

Page 2 of 370 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0