User Name:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie
    San Angelo, TX

New to Polaris and having engine troubles

I just got my first Polaris pwc the other day on a trade, it is a 97 sl 1050. I just recently bought 2 seadoo's and totally rebuilt them, actually took them out yesterday for the first time and they ran great. Well im fixing to leave for 2 weeks for work and want to see if I can get the problem diagnosed with the Polaris. First of all it starts right up but will hardly rev up anymore than an idle. It sounds like it is missing. I pulled the plugs and they are wet and i checked all the plugs for spark and spark is good. The guy I got it from replaced the stator on it but i did not get the part number off him. I was looking today at the cdi box and it shows it is still the orignal box that came with the ski (part# 4060170). I emailed the guy about the part number for the stator and he has not gotten back with me. I guess my question is if he put an updated stator in does it have to the updated cdi? Also is there anything else i should check to see why the ski wont rev up and sound like its missing? thanks
    Last edited by mike2; 09-25-2010 at 08:46 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar
    Homer, NY

Re: New to Polaris and having engine troubles

There's a ton of info and a bunch of great guys over on greenhulk.net that can help you with your 1050. I personally don't know much except they were part of those years that had the run of bad PVL ignitions. Here's some light reading for you....

'58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

Thread Information