Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

2000 Seadoo GSX-RFI

Is a 2000 Seadoo GSX-RFI with 60 original hours a good ski to buy? The ski looks completely brand new and has no problems at all. Just wondering if this is a good ski to upgrade from my reliable 1995 seadoo XP. Is it pretty stable in the water when 2 people try to get on? I know my XP wanted to tip with the weight of 2 people. I haven't seen or heard to much about this ski. What problems could I see with this ski even if it is properly maintained?
    Attached Images Attached Images

PWCToday Regular

Re: 2000 Seadoo GSX-RFI

I have owned that ski for 4 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. Its a very fun, light ski you can throw around as much as you want to. Mine will do about 55 mph on flat water and have found that when you need to fix things its not to bad as far as repairs go. I've heard people have had problems with the fuel injection but in my experience it works great if the ski was properly maintained which it looks like it was. The only downside that I found with it is for whatever reason maybe because its fuel injected, they dont make many aftermarket parts for that model. As far as 2 people riding it doesnt have a ton of room but that also depends on the size and weight of both people. Too put it in perspective, I'm 185lbs, my wife is 110lbs, and while it does have plenty of power for the both of us it does get a little tippy if your running at idle speed. Not that it will just roll over on me but its obviously not as large a hull as what they make now. A good ski though, hope that helps a little!

PWCToday Regular

You will have to rebuild the top end at some point because its a 2 stroke but other than that I've only had minor issues. Replaced the rectifier, VTS broke but never fixed it.

PWCToday Newbie

Ok, thanks a lot Justin! Is the trim breaking pretty common on most skis? I always see people's trim breaking on them. But that did help out a log guys, I'm thinking this will be a nice little upgrade from my 1995 Seadoo XP =P. I know when me and my gf rode the XP at idle speed we would tip and go into the water. Hopefully this GSX will be a little more stable.

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynocole View Post
    I know when me and my gf rode the XP at idle speed we would tip and go into the water. Hopefully this GSX will be a little more stable.
    The GSX is ALOT more stable then the XP..

It's no where near as stable as today's 4-stroke ski's but it'll be alot more fun carving up the water.

-Masta
    1996 SeaDoo GSX (787)
    - Bill O' Neal Jet Kit
    - ProK Flame Arrestor's w/Outerwares Pre-Filters
    - Worx Racing Intake Grate (WR 208)
    - Hydro-Turf Traction Pad's (Cut Diamond Pattern)

1996 SeaDoo GSX (787)
    -
    -
    -

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks alot you guys! Now your making me more anxious to get this ski! =P My friend's dad is actually selling it to me for $2000 with a shore lander trailer and they both look brand new. Starts right up everytime, I can't wait to go test the ski out and carve that water up!

PWCToday Regular

for that price its well worth your investment in my opinion, I payed $3000 when i bought mine and although I feel I over payed at the time, like i said its been geat to me!!!!!!!!

PWCToday Regular

as far as the trim, I'm assuming thats gonna go with any aging seadoo but by the looks of that pic that particular ski is in better than normal condition for its age because mine never looked like that, regardless, your looking at $150 including shipping for the motor, but I made it stay in the up position to jump boat wake and ive been happy; just hoping my brand new used 02 xp will make me happier, may or may not, good luck but I say buy it, you wont be disappointed!

PWCToday Newbie

I see, what normally causes the trim to go out? I know that is really common with sea doos! The 02 XP looks like a great fun ski also, isn't that the one with the 951 motor in it?

PWCToday Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rhynocole View Post
    I see, what normally causes the trim to go out? I know that is really common with sea doos! The 02 XP looks like a great fun ski also, isn't that the one with the 951 motor in it?

Does the Info Center gauge work?

The reason I ask is because I recently bought a '96 GSX and the Info Center gauge was completely dead and the VTS didn't work.

I replaced the Info Center gauge and the VTS started working. Apparently all the power/signal for the VTS system run threw the Info Center, so if the Info Center is dead, the VTS is dead..

If your Info Center Gauge does work, then it is probably the motor. Though it is possible that the VTS module could be fried..

What happens is that water leaks in threw the boot and over time will fry the motor and possibly the module. Best thing you can do is open the VTS cover after every ride and check for any moisture, if you find any, dry it out and replace the boot. Its typically the metal hose clamp that cuts the boot causing a leak..

-TheChad
    1996 SeaDoo GSX (787)
    - Bill O' Neal Jet Kit
    - ProK Flame Arrestor's w/Outerwares Pre-Filters
    - Worx Racing Intake Grate (WR 208)
    - Hydro-Turf Traction Pad's (Cut Diamond Pattern)

1996 SeaDoo GSX (787)
    -
    -
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information