User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Regular

Adding bunks to a trailer?

I have 3 skis, two sit downs and one stand up. I was thinking of adding bunks to my dual magic tilt trailer so I can take my stand up ski with me. Anyone successfully add bunks to the front of their dual trailer? I wanted to add the stand up perpendicular to the two stand up spots. I just have a problem with adding bunks to the curved section of the trailer....just looking for some ideas and pictures if anyone has any....
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by beerman; 09-07-2010 at 11:38 PM.

PWCToday Regular

Re: Adding bunks to a trailer?

here is a picture of my trailer, the 1100 can sit another 6 inches back, just have not adjusted it yet.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar

I've posted it before, but here's another picture of my old trailer. I went with a deck, so I could carry whatever I wanted, 2 standups at one point.

'58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    I've posted it before, but here's another picture of my old trailer. I went with a deck, so I could carry whatever I wanted, 2 standups at one point.

Very nice! How did you attach the boards?

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home delagem's Avatar

If you look closely you'll see a series of carriage bolts going thru the curved sections of the frame. I took pieces of pressure-treated 2x4, made about 30 kerfs thru the section that needed to be curved (cut halfway thru the 2x4 using a table saw at about 1" spacing), then I used some honkin' big C Clamps to pull the PT wood against the frame. Drilled, carriage bolted, and then used stainless deck screws to fasten the synthetic decking to it. The nicest feature of this trailer isn't even visible in that pic, it was a walkway, about 2' wide, all the way to the back of the trailer. Worked really well for getting people on and off the trailer that weren't used to doing that.

'58 Vincent Amanda Water Scooter, 0rpm, 0mph

'84 SurfJet 236ss Freestyle, 5950rpm, 24.6 mph

'91 Jetmate! SX-R 800,GroupK carbs,R&D 26cc head,R&D ProLok F/A, Coffman Rocket Pipe,Impros 13-20,76mm nozzle: 6630rpm and 38.1mph GPS

'92 SL650/750, dry pipe,extended pump,trim,HotSeat Waterbox: 6320rpm, 50.1 mph

'00 SLX,Tau Ceti F/A's,NuJet prop: 6670rpm, 63.1 mph

'03 Octane, Watcon 2318 CDI

'04 MSX140,Impros stage 2 Powertune 14/23,WetWolf,6deg wedge: 6750rpm, 60.5 mph

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by delagem View Post
    If you look closely you'll see a series of carriage bolts going thru the curved sections of the frame. I took pieces of pressure-treated 2x4, made about 30 kerfs thru the section that needed to be curved (cut halfway thru the 2x4 using a table saw at about 1" spacing), then I used some honkin' big C Clamps to pull the PT wood against the frame. Drilled, carriage bolted, and then used stainless deck screws to fasten the synthetic decking to it. The nicest feature of this trailer isn't even visible in that pic, it was a walkway, about 2' wide, all the way to the back of the trailer. Worked really well for getting people on and off the trailer that weren't used to doing that.

nice work, if you have any picture from below please post or send them to me. I think this will be my winter project....

Corky I dream skis 1100waveraider's Avatar

thats a pretty sweet trailer set up and the walkway is a great idea
    do not go where the path may lead, but instead blaze your own way and leave a trail for others to follow

I am going to copy it, I am on the hunt for a cheap boat trailer to do that to!
    1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200
    2008 Water Craft Factory hull

Truck Bed Launch System - http://www.pwctoday.com/f26/mr-bojan...ml#post2683099

Thread Information