» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Kcmasterpiece's Avatar

Re: The_Addict's 850cc YAMASAKI FX1

wow, that purple spot on!

Cool Re: The_Addict's 850cc YAMASAKI FX1

Quote Originally Posted by PrickofMisery View Post
    Would you mind posting the manufacturer and code for the bottom paint you chose? Thanks.
    Please excuse the late reply POM, the rrggbb code for the color i obtained from a mix of stickers, pictures, scans i had, via photoshop resulted in the (general) colour below, i took a full page print out into the paint shop and they matched it, however they could not provide me with the formula.. i guess it would be too difficult for them as they were just matching it by eye. the colour is imo a little dark.. but serves as a good start if one was to get a match.

rrggbb hex#:

full page print:

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home TheJS440's Avatar

Subbed! This is a sick build!!
    78 JS440
    -Ocean Pro Finned Ride Plate
    -Westcoast Intake Grate
    -SCR Ported Cylinder
    -Westcoast Exhaust Manifold + Pipe
    -Mariner Waterbox
    -Primer
    -SBN44
    -Quick Steer
    -Skat~Trak 16.5 SS Impeller

Ok so some progress:

Getting the C75 in there wasnt easy, needed to re-work some of the glass and do some more paint touchup, had to make a custom bracket out of stainless, getting all the angles and holes for the steering cable, and hoses provided allot of messing around, wasnt the prettiest job but its rock solid - also just for now have statically mounted the trim (future plans to run a cable if its needed). when it came to installing it with the hoses created the next level of cursing almost 2nd guessing the design, even drew some blood.. but its in there.. about an hour and a half later employing all the tricks of the trade to get things where they needed to be:

On the other end of the argument - had to get a custom driveshaft made, tried the ZX 900 shaft (@driftmaster) it was perfect in length on the coupling end, but was about 6 inches to short at the spline end. a few months waiting for the engineering shop to get the job done and it was perfect to drawing, left myself a bit of "wiggle" room at the coupling thread to adjust out any change in position of the pump (as this wasn't installed at this point). lines up with the engine coupler great, whatever is left in angle ill let the rubber coupler take care of!

The dry pipe: went to put on the Factory SXR dry pipe exhaust manifold and .. uhh.. what.. no way.. was about an inch to long.. would have ended up through the side of the ski! something i didnt even think about to be honest, so again.. another custom job on an exhaust manifold, to see if it was actually going to be a possibility getting the SXR dry pipe in there, Dummying it up i had to take a bit out of the rare corner of the hood seal but there should just be enough to run a seal around and pull down water tight, had to gut the inner hood liner so will have to make a custom one of those, getting the pipe in there at the correct orientation was a long awkward job, its super tight with the hood on, i just hope theres enough room around it so it doesn't rattle against anything while running. but it fits... just. These ski's are just too skinny, not made at all for a bigger pipe. ..and before anyone says "why dont u just put a wet pipe on it" and "have a look at special fx" yes all good comments, i did look deeply into this and seriously considered the wet pipe option (and still am). but wanted to see if i could get the dry pipe in there first.

The end product would look a little something like this:

I just got into this build and hit a dead end! Any updates??
    95 Fx1
    14 Superjet

Quote Originally Posted by MadMitchJones View Post
    I just got into this build and hit a dead end! Any updates??
    Things have been a little slow, mostly due to being busy with other work. However,

A buddie of mine made up a custom exhaust manifold to fit the FX1/Dry pipe, i drew up the Block-Mani flange in a CAD program and had it waterjet cut out of 316 stainless, and did the same with the ExMani-Pipe Flange to an engineering shop, i made up a dummy manifold that my friend used to make jig off, the rest was all him.. lets just say the guy is an artist! So the in terms of the engine everything is now where it needs to be to clear everything in the FX1 hull. Made up the drive shaft spacer that i had talked about (i had added a little room on the coupler thread just incase), so the driveshaft and coupler assembly is all in there now. I just picked up a TDR superjet waterbox this week, they are fairly small so i think that will fit in the FX1 hull (hopefully without any modification at all).

The hull is now with another guy doing the foot holds and turf work.

On the list of things todo are: need to spin up some PTFE bushes for the SE pump nozzle, custom ride plate (the C75 is a big guy in this hull, no aftermarket ride plate will fit, so will have to do something custom here), do some glass re-work on the hood (had to chop the fire extinguisher part out to make room for the dry pipe), finish the ignition and wiring.

a couple progress pics of the artwork on this manifold:

Can see the original manifold in the background:

Installed in the hull, have to weld back on the lord mount mounts:

It's looking good man! Thanks for the update, and keep them coming!
    95 Fx1
    14 Superjet

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

Dude, that manifold is pure perfection.

You are right, the man who made that is a fukking magician!!!!
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Addict View Post
    a couple progress pics of the artwork on this manifold:
    Damn this is cool, what an awesome piece of art.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Photos no longer being hosted by Photobucket.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home

I can and do build some really nice stuff (none of which you guys get to see), but that manifold is fukking awesome. I'd bet he could get lot's of money for that. I'd have to say, as a guess, for me to make one of them, that quality (guessing at least T304 SS?), I would have to charge around a grand.

That thing is pure sex. My girl would either have to move over, or sleep on the couch.

I think you should start a thread on the manifold itself. The design process, what went into the tuning, and the actual build!!!!!
    I'm only here to make you mad

I'll tell your girl you said "hi".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information