Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

The_Addict's 850cc YAMASAKI FX1

Ok Ladies..

here it is.. still in the build process.. and ive gotten to the point where i need some of your input

at the moment the ski consists of a ..... & i know some of you boys are gana flame my a$$ for this.. a Kawi 750 small pin bottom end with a PJS 850 top end, 800SXR Dry pipe.. custom bed plate, ive done a Kawi 750 140mm pump conversion (almost finished)...

what im wanting is opinions on prop.. i was thinking of going Impros Hooker.. what kinda pitch do yall think? this will mostly be used for freestyle.

also.. ignition.. was thinking EPIC ATP..?

heres a few progress pics:

Last edited by The_Addict; 08-13-2010 at 08:55 AM.

Re: The_Addict's 850cc YAMASAKI FX1

nice, except the kawi stuff.lol Id call Dave and talk to him about what pitch. This isn't your ordinary FX1 build obviously. Looks like you have spent alot of time on it and I'm sure it will rip.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman96 View Post
    nice, except the kawi stuff.lol Id call Dave and talk to him about what pitch. This isn't your ordinary FX1 build obviously. Looks like you have spent alot of time on it and I'm sure it will rip.
    LOL yeah i no.. to be honest i had the engine left over from a different build that never ended up happening (after i had spent 2 months painting the hull).. a 750 hull.. after i got my 750SXi Pro going i was like .. F%&K this.. im buying me another FX1 ! sp sold both of them..and the ski i got had a blowin engine so i thought why not put the 850 in it.. and yeah had the 750 pump lying around too.. superjet stuff is hard to get hold of in NZ..

anyways.. emaild impros to see what they think.. cheers

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SXR105's Avatar

nice
    Frank Davis #105
    www.kawi105racing.com

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home Live2ride Powersports's Avatar

Def should be interesting to say the least. You could drop a 300 motor in a fx-1 and have a great ride, so this should awesome.

WORLDWIDE PARTS PIMP

Live2ridepowersports@hotmail.com

I accept Paypal, Cash, Checks, Money orders, first born child or trades for payment.

Real men do it standing up!

PWCToday Newbie

With all that work, you could just mod it to fit a yamaha shoe, move the inserts for the pump and bolt a yamaha144 right up. I did this and it worked flawlessly. Nice work though.
    Last edited by Melmack; 08-18-2010 at 10:58 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home SJmullet's Avatar

Is that Solidworks?

Hi Guys,

so in what is most likely one of the longest builds on here.. i had to put the ski project on ice for the last few years, ive just been to busy with other things to make any progress, so she had to go into storage. over the past few weeks ive made a little progress. the bed plate was finished off, we ended up machining the plate in two parts because a single block of aluminium was going to be too expensive, so both halves were CNC'd and the two were welded together by a buddie. i dummy mounted a set of small pin cases and everything bolts up fine, im yet to check height but i suppose this will all be evident as soon as a driveshaft/coupler gets bolted up and the "real" crank/bottom end gets mated up. so at the moment a custom driveshaft is being drawn up to fit into the yami mid-shaft housing and kawi impeller spline.

the plan has changed a little in regard to the engine, regrettably i ended up selling the 850 top end given the fact that small pin cranks/parts are getting antiquated, i wanted to put a bottom end in that will still have parts available for it in a few years, so the new plan is a big pin or sxr bottom end and an aftermarket 900-1000cc topend, with a dry pipe. and a custom fuel/ignition system.

as answered in a previous thread the purple colour of the bottom half of the ski is in the gelcoat, so i had a colormatch done, it is close i guess.. the stickers have most likely faded over the years.. but overall it looks ok.

so sweet! glad you went back with a purple bottom deck
    Last edited by PrickofMisery; 01-26-2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: error- no change

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home PrickofMisery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twake View Post
    so sweet! glad you went back with a purple bottom deck
    Agreed!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information