pxctoday

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

How much does a STX 12F and a STX12F weigh on a Shorelandr 2-ski trailer?

I'm trying to figure out if my Geo Tracker is sufficient to tow my skis. Does anyone here have an idea of what these weigh? The Tracker has a safe tow capacity of 1500 lbs. Thanks, Charles

Re: How much does a STX 12F and a STX12F weigh on a Shorelandr 2-ski trailer?

You'll be just over the limit at 720 and change empty ski weight since the trailer must weigh a couple hundred pounds, plus ski fuel.It's close enough to the max specthat I'd pull the suckers with it very carefully and with sensible limitations.

I have a cheap Saturn 100hp plastic car which I've pulled a 15F around with 1100lb loaded trailer or so and with 4 people in it. I've pulled it several hundred miles per trip.You just have to respect the weight and vehicles braking/acceleration limitations and consider cargo loaded in the vehicle. Ramp considerations can factor in as I have dug some holes with the wheels, you just carefully pick and choose the launch ramps.
    Last edited by rotortiller; 08-11-2010 at 09:45 AM.

A STX-12F weighs 737 lbs DRY.
    Most ski problems are caused by the loose NUT connecting the handle bar to the seat.

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks guys. I also have a Suburban to pull my trailer with and since I live in Western Colorado and take my skis to the mountains play with them I think I'll pass on using the Tracker. If I had a lake to go to that was across fairly flat land then I might think about it but there's just too many ups and downs in the Rocky Mountains. Thanks again, Charles

Just so you know, I pull my Ultra (1,000lbs) and a Seadoo (850lbs) on a double trailer with my Quest minivan. I live in Florida, so it's mostly flat, but just saying.

And, in case you're wondering, yes that is my "car." The wife drives an Acura TL. Minivans rule.

As long as we're discussing, I pull my double trailer with a 06 Tacoma. No Problems...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

02 900 STX
    07 Ultra 250 (the Ali'i of Hilo Bay, Baby)

Thread Information