User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

PWCToday Newbie

i really need help im getting aggrevated

ok i got my old starter rebuild the guy put to long of a screw in it and the positive touched the manifold and shorted out and burnt up the starter, battery cables got really hot..long story short. well anyway i bought a brand new starter reinstalled it today and go to start it and it doesnt turn..not even a click. checked my main fuse and its ok, go to put the code in to start it and i push and hold the button and nothing comes up? push it again and after a few times it finally comes up so i put the code in and it says start i push the button and nothing. so i disconnect the battery recharge it and put it back in and go to put the code in and the code thing wont come up it takes a ton of trys of pushing and holding MODE before itll come up, and after i do it still doesnt even try to crank or anything. dont even hear any clicks or nothin. anyone know what the problem could be please?

PWCToday Newbie

Re: i really need help im getting aggrevated

i dont really know what to say my friend,if you put a hot and a ground on the starter its gonna do something???have you checked the lanyard??what type of ski do you have??

PWCToday Newbie

its a 97 gp 760 and its not doing anything

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 97gpkid View Post
    its a 97 gp 760 and its not doing anything
    Ok here is what you need to do: Run a hot wire from the positive post on your battery up to the hot wire on the starter button. There will be two wires together red & brown, It is usually the brown wire it can be accessed under the seat near where the handle bars connect. Be sure to fuse the wire at the battery with a 2 or 3 amp fuse. This is a common problem with yamahas. Everything will go back to working. Good luck!

Thread Information