User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Thread: '92 Wetjet 432

'92 Wetjet 432

Found myself another project to play with. I should really stop buying new stuff and finish up my other projects one of these days. Oh well. The body is in pretty good shape, but I'm probably going to get replacements for some or all of the decals. The pics don't show. it, but they're really starting to peel at some of the edges.

432cc of raw power! IT is a solid engine though, I'm getting 165/160 compression in the front and rear cylinders.

The first time I had it in the water the engine ran great, but I wasn't going anywhere.

Good thing I had a spare stainless unit lying around doing nothing.
    1989 HydroRunner / Multiple Wetbikes / 1987 Wetjet
    I can't help it if mischief and mahem follow me everywhere I go, they're ignoring the restraining order!

Re: '92 Wetjet 432

dang how much for the impeller ? lol
    Riding is my drug what's yours?
    1990 650 sx - SOLD!!!
    -First ski to own/First to go

I got it out of a machine I picked up for 50 bucks. That one has a pretty much trashed body and an engine that needs a rebuild; the body is going to be cut up for scrap, and any useful parts sold off. I have a buddy with some scat trak stainless impellers for this machine if you need one.
    I can't help it if mischief and mahem follow me everywhere I go, they're ignoring the restraining order!

no i was joking about the one that was chewed to sh** lol
    Riding is my drug what's yours?
    1990 650 sx - SOLD!!!
    -First ski to own/First to go

I dunno, that one is a genuine messed the F(*^% up OEM part. That's gotta be worth something.

Are these things fun to ride or at all worth money?? I just came across a pair of them a 87 and 88 and was thinking about buying them.. What are they worth and what should I look for.. Seem cool just on rare factor, but am wondering if they are turds to get running..

I'll be able to tell you for sure in a week or so when I get a new wear ring from one of my buddies; he has a building full of NOS & lightly used parts for vintage PWC. One of my friends tells me that they have surprisingly good performance for an older machine, but I've heard varying reports from other people. I think one of the main reasons they have a bad reputation is because people compare them to much newer machines, which are of course going to outperform any day of the week.
    As far as cost goes, I personally wouldn't pay more than $400 for a running unit unless everything looked like it was new. I mean mechanically sound with no gelcoat chips or sun fading, stored in a garage or under a cover whenever they weren't being used - new. That's without a trailer of course. One thing to watch for when you go to look at them, make sure the bottom of the hull isn't ground away to nothing. The center section on these machines drops further than on most PWC, and they tend to hit trailers about midway down the hull if the bunks aren't tall enough. I need to add some filler putty to the one I just picked up on the outside and will probably put down a layer or two of mat inside the hull to reinforce it just to make sure it's sturdy.
    I didn't have any problem with getting this one running. The first one I picked up had a bad crank, and I didn't get around to fixing it. There isn't much to these machines and they have a large engine bay, so they should be easy to work on. I know that this body style used the 428 Cuyuna and the 432 Brut. The machines with the Brut engine have the electronics mounted in a box on the bulkhead and the starter mounted up front which makes it easy to get to everything. The Cuyuna had most of the electronics mounted under the flywheel cover on the front of the engine, and the starter mounted on the side of the engine under the exaust. The only thing you can easily get to is the starter solenoid. Mastercraft used the 701 Kawa in the Wetjet line as well, but I don't think they did that until they got to the newer body styles.
    Basically, the whole reason I picked up this machine is because it's a vintage machine that's a bit different from everything else out there, and that's what I like. (My other PWC: three Wetbikes and a Hydrorunner. I'd like to pick up a Kawa Jetmate once I have some more storage space available)

PWCToday Newbie

Any progress on your project?

Thread Information