Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New surf rider looking for others.

I just moved to vero so once I get my ski registered (probably monday) im down to ride any day of the week at the inlet.

I was looking at my response when i said my motor would be back together in 2 weeks and realize that was a year ago and its still as broken now as it was then. I will give you a shout when I get running, I hope very soon.
    HIT X FOR REBUILD PICS (LINK TO FACEBOOK)

You Ain't Tryin' Til Part's Are Flyin'!
    1996 WB 1

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster143 View Post
    Was starting to think I was alone here. Thanks for the response. I will have to take you up on that here soon. Do you guys ever come to Sebastian inlet/Monster Hole? I am just getting into this sport, was out there yesterday, was glassy and chest high and I was having a blast til massive storms moved in. Had to avoid the surfers which was a first. Where do you guys go out? What do you ride? I see you have a 3 wheeler, I do dirtbikes too.. any cool spots to ride up your way? Have a few around here.

Hows it going,I was out at Sebastian Inlet,fl., Labor Day weekend, pretty crazy that day,8-9ft. waves at the hole that day.Was getting some killer airs,until, I sucked up a fish,in the impellor jamming it ,had to putt in on the waves,DON"T ever beach your ski on the right side ,going out,after getting fish out, could'nt get ski back out, about killed myself, waves were huuge,ended up with the seadoo gsx, going over my head and filling up the hull full of salt water, had to do water removal after removing plugs drying them, adding about 1/4 can of w/d 40, atemping to get started, after about the 5th time,the ski started,with alittle help from a few bystanders wondering what was going on,I got it running,and pushed into the waves,w.o.t. around the rocks and safely back in the channel heading back to the South side, again, DON'T BEACH your ski on the right side going out unless you have friends to help you get back out. I try to get out to sebastian about every other weekend,Be riding a modified 97 Seadoo GSX,just look for the Bluuuuur.
    Last edited by kobiskytony; 09-17-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Breakdown stories on the Ocean (anywhere for that matter) suck! First time I went out there I killed my ski and lost the battery trying to get it going. I got lucky that one other ski was out there and he towed me back to me truck allll the way to Sebastian on the river side (us 1). Thats the number one reason I want to find others to go out there with. Too dangerous by yourself. The day I broke down out there, could have easily drifted out to sea and since the break is so far out there, good chance you might not be seen floating away.
    HIT X FOR REBUILD PICS (LINK TO FACEBOOK)

You Ain't Tryin' Til Part's Are Flyin'!
    1996 WB 1

man that blows! never ride in the surf alone IMO, we went out in a group a month ago when the depression was off shore, and there were 8 foot swells, and no one else was out that could have helped us, boats were turning around at the inlet it was so bad. My buddies X2 died after a 10 foot jump, and we surfed it in some and towed it the rest of the way. It was hell, it was so rough out there, I though I was going to eat it too, my tow rope snapped twice! Our next trip we are heading to Daytona for a day once everything and everyone is running ok again
    1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200
    2008 Water Craft Factory hull

Truck Bed Launch System - http://www.pwctoday.com/f26/mr-bojan...ml#post2683099

What's up, plan on riding some fresh water sunday @ Moss Park, Orlando Fl., has two lakes to ride on MaryJane and Hart, we had 13 of us out there last sunday even though it poured 65% of the day,make sure you bring all your PAPER WORK, group of great guys, but strick when it comes to regs.,lifevest,boaters saftey license,etc...
    Just check yourself before you hit the water ,great place to ride.Alot of ammenities on property, pavillions, volleyball, bathrooms, it's a state park.Bring the BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by kobiskytony View Post
    Hows it going,I was out at Sebastian Inlet,fl., Labor Day weekend, pretty crazy that day,8-9ft. waves at the hole that day.Was getting some killer airs,until, I sucked up a fish,in the impellor jamming it ,had to putt in on the waves,DON"T ever beach your ski on the right side ,going out,after getting fish out, could'nt get ski back out, about killed myself, waves were huuge,ended up with the seadoo gsx, going over my head and filling up the hull full of salt water, had to do water removal after removing plugs drying them, adding about 1/4 can of w/d 40, atemping to get started, after about the 5th time,the ski started,with alittle help from a few bystanders wondering what was going on,I got it running,and pushed into the waves,w.o.t. around the rocks and safely back in the channel heading back to the South side, again, DON'T BEACH your ski on the right side going out unless you have friends to help you get back out. I try to get out to sebastian about every other weekend,Be riding a modified 97 Seadoo GSX,just look for the Bluuuuur.
    Haha. Yep I beached there once and it was definitely sketchy at best.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
    I see a Ultra 300x in my future.

Found another Great place to ride the 97 SEADOO GSX mod., great waves, to air on, and plenty of chop, to play in,that's towards the right side. St.Augustine's Tolamota River, And Vilano Beach Inlet. Awesome spot to go to if you want some one to stand on the Beach to get video shot while you play. We stay at NorthBeach Camping Resort,has everything you need for a great time, for the holidays or whenever, public boat ramp real close,( you can throw a rock at it), private beach to hang out with the ski's, or have lunch. Walking distance to everything you need.Excellant rates! Camping or the Log cabins. Get #149 or #150, closest to the water. River on one side(Tolamota river), Atlantic ocean on the other side,Killer resturante, for Seafood, if you like seafood, MMMM,GOOOD! called the REEF.Bait store real close to, just throw the secound rock, for FISH"IN, and a private pier, WOW, check it out if possible, And then, when you get tired of riding the waves you can take your own private tour of Historical St.Austine and the Forts, On a Jetski,EXCELLANT, talk to ya later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information