94 750 SX oil injection block off - Page 2
pxctoday

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Frequent Poster areamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    51
    Posts
    160

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    Quote Originally Posted by keck View Post
    How do you remove the studs?
    Post revival continued.

    I'm attempting to do the oil block off on my two 1994 SX Jetskis. Problem is I can't seem to remove the studs that held the oil pump on. Is there a "trick" to getting them out? I tried vice grips, but didn't push it since I didn't want to damage anything. Should I try heat? Perhaps they are held on with red loctite?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. #12
    PWCToday Regular N.Penley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Boone Lake, TN
    Age
    35
    Posts
    55

    94 750 SX oil injection block off

    Quote Originally Posted by areamike View Post
    Post revival continued.

    I'm attempting to do the oil block off on my two 1994 SX Jetskis. Problem is I can't seem to remove the studs that held the oil pump on. Is there a "trick" to getting them out? I tried vice grips, but didn't push it since I didn't want to damage anything. Should I try heat? Perhaps they are held on with red loctite?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    I just leave them and put nuts on them. The bolts that come in the block off plate kit go into the bolt bucket.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by N.Penley; 10-29-2020 at 03:13 PM.

  3. #13
    Frequent Poster areamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    51
    Posts
    160

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    Quote Originally Posted by N.Penley View Post
    I just leave them and put nuts on them. The bolts that come in the block off plate kit go into the bolt bucket.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would do that, but the studs only have about half thread, then the rest is just smooth. I wouldn't be able to thread nuts all the way down to the block off plate. I guess I could jerry rig some spacers?

  4. #14
    PWCToday Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    mi
    Posts
    10

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    You will need to use a stud remover to remove the studs

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Frequent Poster areamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    51
    Posts
    160

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    Quote Originally Posted by spearskrue View Post
    You will need to use a stud remover to remove the studs

    Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I kinda figured that was the direction I would be heading. I'll be running to the Auto Parts store later today. I'm ready to get these oil block offs DONE!

  6. #16
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home BLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SE MI
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,204

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    Thread on two nuts and tighten them together then just unscrew the stud, then do the other one.
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

  7. #17
    Frequent Poster areamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    51
    Posts
    160

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    Quote Originally Posted by BLRider View Post
    Thread on two nuts and tighten them together then just unscrew the stud, then do the other one.
    I actually tried that but no luck. I didn't want to put too much force for fear of snapping off the stud. I'm guessing there's some Loctite on these.

  8. #18
    Frequent Poster areamike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    51
    Posts
    160

    Re: 94 750 SX oil injection block off

    HA! HA! I got the studs removed

    What I ended up doing was use a soldering iron and held it up against the shaft of the stud nearest the front of the motor. After a few minutes I was able to finally break them loose using the "thread two nuts together" trick.

    Video -> http://www.areamike.com/files/jetskis/stud-removal.mp4

    oil_blockoff.jpg

    Now, onto my other ski!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.0