Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloooooooha

PWCToday Newbie

Aloooooooha

I'm back on the board. I got rid of my stand up and picked up a 3 seater last week. Anybody riding during the holidays. I'm going out to Sand Island on Tuesday.

Jason

Re: Aloooooooha

Am still trying to get my PWC problems fixed by Hawaii PowerSports... Same problem been going on for a month now, took it to the shop twice already. It goes back on Saturday. No riding for me this weekend. Booo....

-Paul

P.S. What'd you get? Post pics!
    Last edited by SpearoPaul; 07-02-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Jason,

Welcome back. I'm planning on going out this weekend as well, but not sure what day.

Charles

PWCToday Newbie

@ Paul...I picked up the 2000 Waverunner on craigslist. Got a decent price on it so I couldn't pass it up. The only drawback is being a 2 stroke. Have you had any luck with Hawaii Sports?

@Charles...Thanks! Maybe see you out there.

Last edited by jason560; 07-02-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Not sure if I'm having good luck with Hawaii PowerSports yet. The jury is out still. Kyle is nice, but can't seem to get me taken care of. PWC has been in their shop twice so far for the same problem that still has not been resolved despite them finding other things and saying that they found problem. Then theyreplaced/adjusted these things on my dime with no improvements... Been trying to bring it back to them this week but they keep stalling and can't seem to commit to a date. They did promise they would trouble shoot and find the problem at no additional charge so that's good. I think. If that ever happens.

2-strokes scare me, but at least it's a Yamaha. I wouldn't go far offshore though, or ride alone though. Stick a pair of flippers somewhere on your PWC just in case too. I usually do and I supposedly have one of the most reliable 4-strokes on the market. Never actually needed to use it tho. I once had to walk it across the flats when my dive partner dropped a piece of rope in front of the pwc as it idled and it got sucked into the impeller. We were only 2 blocks away from the ramp and in 4' of water thankfully. My knife could not cut it out. I now carry a folding SAW blade and razor blade. Good lesson.

-Paul

PWCToday Newbie

Thanks Paul for the pointers! I haven't been out too far and I really don't plan on it unless I'm with other riders. Does Kyle know what's wrong with your ski?

He thought he did, twice. He says he's been too busy/overwhelmed to resume trouble shooting mine and I am waiting for him to confirm a Tuesday drop-off... So my PWC sits and sits. I put up the link to the PWC running woes this morning. It's over at:
    http://www.pwctoday.com/f125/annoyin...nd-286968.html

-Paul

PWCToday Newbie

Took the jetski out today. Went about a mile off shore just right off the channel. Heard some odd whistling noise and splashing. I turned around and it was a pod of spinner dolphins (20-30) next to me. I tried to get my phone out to take pics but hands were wet and I couldnt activate the camera (phone is heat sensitive). I also saw 4 sea turtles. Now I know to have a waterproof camera in my ski. Awesome sight! Jason

PWCToday Newbie

Paul,

Any luck with your ski? I always see Hawaii Powersports on Craigslist advertising. Not understand how he is able to put ads out if he is so backed up.

I took a video clip of those dolphins yesterday. Did you see the TINY one? LIke 2 feet big I swear. Spun pretty good too...

Yeah, I saw a new ad go up on craigslist while struggling to get them to give me an appointment to look at my ski again. They have so many skis in there now, you can barely get in there these days... Doesn't make sense, but what do I know? I'm not running the business here.

-Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information