Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PWCToday Regular

Manual Reset for security code? Help!

After pulling my ski off of the floating dock to wash it, I decided to set the security code. I followed the procedure in the owner's manual and set the code. Then I activated the lock to test it out. Now I can't unlock it. I put the lanyard in and the key comes up with the three spots for the numbers. I put the numbers in and hold down the id set button until it beeps steadily for 3-4 seconds then it goes back to the picture of the key. For some reason it won't let me back on and I would really love to not take the hour and a half trip to the dealer to reset it. Is there anyway to manually reset the code myself? If no one wants to post the info publicly, just PM me. Thanks
    2006 Honda Aquatrax F-12x GPScape - stock

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Manual Reset for security code? Help!

From the service manual:

I should probably add that the first image shown is looking up as if you were laying down in the front storage box area. There are two gray wire connectors, I had to try both when this happened to me as 8PGray is not actually labled. If you disconnect the wrong one you will know because the display will not power up when you hold "Mode" and "SET".
    Last edited by turt1e; 06-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.

PWCToday Regular

Quote Originally Posted by turt1e View Post
    From the service manual:

I should probably add that the first image shown is looking up as if you were laying down in the front storage box area. There are two gray wire connectors, I had to try both when this happened to me as 8PGray is not actually labled. If you disconnect the wrong one you will know because the display will not power up when you hold "Mode" and "SET".
    Thanks so much for the reply, but how do you disconnect the connector for the gray wire? I tried for about 45 minutes with no luck. I'm starting to feel pretty stupid considering I locked myself out and can't figure out how to disconnect a wire!

PWCToday Newbie

Press REALLY hard on the tab I've circled in green. You may hear/feel it click. With the other hand grasp and pull in the direction shown in Red.

Top Dog

Those connectors are very hard to get appart sometimes but you can get it appart with just your hands. I would not recomend using tools or you might mess it up.

PWCToday Regular

Here is the old link for the same topic, http://www.pwctoday.com/f18/forgot-i...elp-83095.html

I have always found that you want to sharply wiggle the connector while holding firm and stationary on the other end as opposed to trying to pull it straight out, it works everytime.

PWCToday Regular

Thanks guys, it worked perfectly! I guess the previous owner had set their own ID number and thats how I locked myself out.

PWCToday Newbie

I have the 2004 Aquatrax I bought from someone who used a code for the security. However I locked the Pwc but it would not unlock using the code I was given. So I used the steps above to unlock the system but I can't seem to get any code to work. I can lock the system but never unlock it. Any advice?

PWCToday Newbie

Just the obvious....don't lock it !...buy a padlock, or a quick disconnect switch for the battery. I have had my ski for 5 years, and nobody has ever messed with it, even when left overnight at a municiple dock.

PWCToday Newbie

So far that is what I do, just never lock it. Just wondering if it was a quick fix though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information