Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    PWCToday Newbie

Kawasaki 750 Electric Trim problem

Ok, I've done as much research on this as I can, but Google only gives me so much.

First off, I don't know the exact year/model of the ski..I'm just doing the physical work on it. My best educated guess would be a 1994 Kawasaki 750 SuperSport Xi. From my research, it's at least a 94, because 93 had a manual trim.

Anyways, I hear these trims systems are junk. The motor goes out or something, it's a common problem. I tried to do a test that I read, simply click the button and listen for a buzz or a click from the motor. I don't hear anything. The trim is stuck in the down position...if I can't get the electric motor to work, I at least want to manually move it up to be straight. I'm not sure how to get to it, or what I have to remove. Can anyone help me out with some troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

PWCToday Newbie

Re: Kawasaki 750 Electric Trim problem

With such a common problem, still no reply?

I dream skis

I would need to know exactly what the ski is, year and model. It matters on the trim systems.

If it is a zxi, I have experience in rebuilding those systems and would be glad to help. If it is not a zxi, then, I am sorry, have no experience.

that is probably why you have not had response, because we need to know what it is.

I dream skis

I rebuilt my 94 Xi trim system. Mine was in the down position and what had happened is it traveled to far and jammed itself. The hardest part is getting it out. You have to move or remove the engine to do it. I did it by moving the engine but would recommend removing after going through it. It is not hard just have to take your time and not hurt anything. When I reinstalled I cut out some of the foam surround so that if I ever had to do it again it would not be so hard.

If you need help just let me know. I had pictures but don't know if I kept them. If I can find them I will post them.
    94' 750ss xi, oceanpro ride plate, westcoast intake grate, finger throttle, running premix.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPSON
    i want to take the cylinder head off of my 1990 650sx to paint it. If i just unbolt it will it let out all the compression or can i just unbolt it and pull it off as and then put it back on?

PWCToday Newbie

Is there any way that I can find out the exact year of the machine? Are there any badges or stamps anywhere the specify which year it is?

The trim makes no noises, does not attempt to move, and is stuck in place. It's like the motor is fried and the trim got stuck. It hasn't worked in years.

PWCToday Newbie

Mine is stuck too.

I was going to just jam it in place and lock it, but Papa Dave was nice enough to sell me an extra motor and gear assembly.

I figured if I sold it in the future, that may be a small selling point.

I'm a newb and I'm just getting familiar with these beasts. But, the trim box is the worst placed piece of electrical equipment I have ever witnessed.

Good Luck.

I dream skis

Quote Originally Posted by cuddies View Post
    Is there any way that I can find out the exact year of the machine? Are there any badges or stamps anywhere the specify which year it is?

Look on the title, registration or check the HIN on the right rear. If the HIN is missing from there look under the battery.
    94' 750ss xi, oceanpro ride plate, westcoast intake grate, finger throttle, running premix.

i want to take the cylinder head off of my 1990 650sx to paint it. If i just unbolt it will it let out all the compression or can i just unbolt it and pull it off as and then put it back on?

PWCToday Newbie

Underneath the battery, HIN says:

KAW43326L394
    Last edited by cuddies; 06-08-2010 at 08:21 PM.

I dream skis

Looks to me like a 94 and if it has trim then it is an Xi, so it is the same as mine.

PWCToday Newbie

Ok, so I moved the motor and am now able to access the black "box" (more like an egg shape tho, correct?). I see three allen head bolts that hold on the cover, should I remove those those to get inside ? What's next?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information