Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I dream skis

Re: Kawasaki 750 Electric Trim problem

Pray that there is no water in it.

Sorry, it is Friday and I could not help myself

PWCToday Newbie

LOL.

Ok, I removed the cover. There is no water in it. I would like to remove the whole assembly, but I can't figure out how to take the cable off?? It looks like it connected to a million different things. I also have little room to work because of the way I have the motor tilted in the engine bay. I was going to remove the engine, until it irritated the piss out of me and I said forget it.

Also, let me say, this has been a total PITA just to get to!
    Last edited by cuddies; 06-11-2010 at 04:15 PM.

PWCToday Newbie

I have all the electrical connectors disconnected, the whole assembly is unbolted, and the cover is off. The only thing that is still connected is the cable, if I can figure out how to remove that cable I can get the trim motor out and rebuild it. Can anybody chime in on how to get that cable disconnected from the motor?
    Last edited by cuddies; 06-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.

I dream skis

I do not know if it is like the zxi, but if it is, there will be a locknut that has to be loosened on the cable shaft and then take the cable loose at the back of the ski nozzle and rotate it at the box until it comes out.

Now, as I said above, I only have zxi experience but perhaps this one is the same or similar.

Good luck, and sounds like mine too in that they are a royal pain to deal with.

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dave View Post
    I do not know if it is like the zxi, but if it is, there will be a locknut that has to be loosened on the cable shaft and then take the cable loose at the back of the ski nozzle and rotate it at the box until it comes out.

Now, as I said above, I only have zxi experience but perhaps this one is the same or similar.

Good luck, and sounds like mine too in that they are a royal pain to deal with.
    This could be the same. There was a big brass (?) nut that I had to undo which holds the cable to the housing..I removed that (I used a cresent wrench, but it look to be about a 22mm or somewhere around there), and the line is loose, but I don't see how it comes out.

I dream skis

Look past the brass nut inside the box where the shaft is connected inside the box for a nut. Very small nut

PWCToday Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dave View Post
    Look past the brass nut inside the box where the shaft is connected inside the box for a nut. Very small nut

I can't get to where it's connected. There's a bunch of stuff in the way. I will take a picture and post it up.

PWCToday Newbie

Here is the module. Same?

You can see here that I removed the nut, but the cable is still attached. You see the line goes into the module, and I cannot get to it.

I dream skis

Go to the back of the ski and unhook everything on the cable there. It then just pulls out all together.
    94' 750ss xi, oceanpro ride plate, westcoast intake grate, finger throttle, running premix.

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPSON
    i want to take the cylinder head off of my 1990 650sx to paint it. If i just unbolt it will it let out all the compression or can i just unbolt it and pull it off as and then put it back on?

PWCToday Newbie

I guess I don't understand. I disconnected the release on the back on the ski, not nothing moves. I have everything loose in the engine compartment, but I guess I don't know what you mean by 'unhook everything'. I must be missing something and I'm getting a bit frustrated. This is a retarded design.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information