Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home monster 550's Avatar

Re: Mr bojangles Truck Bed Ski Launch System........

Quote Originally Posted by Plinkerton View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get one of these?

Looks like it's made by EZ Loader, but I can't find one anywhere.
    Just build one.

PWCToday Regular

I kinda did, but that one looks way nicer.

I did the PVC rails in the back of my truck, with an attached PVC part that sticks down into the water at a 45*.

It works, as I have a winch, but I wouldn't mind something with a less steep angle, and longer.

I do not have a welder, nor welding skills. I guess I may have to have one built.

PWCToday Newbie

My truck is too much of a sissy truck to rig up like this for my 3 seater but I am going to steal this idea to get my other ski off of my bulkhead lift (where it is stuck due to the Texas drought). We are 3' down on our lake Lake Livingston in East Texas. It is the second largest lake in Texas that is not shared by another state and is over 90,000 acres. We are losing 1/2" of water due to evaporation per day..amazing! I can get my ski about 1.5' from the sand bottom on the lift and then have to get it about 40' from there to get it into deep enough water. With the minimal slope needed on this long run I figure I can build 4 - 10' sections of this concept and just use my electric winch with an extended cable to retrieve. Can't wait to give it a try. I've been wanting to get my ski out into the lake to GPS plot out the stump tops that are popping out all over some of our play areas. Freaks me out to see some of the areas that we zip across at 50+ without even thinking there is a stump down there. OUCH! Sorry about the mini-hijack but there are some good uses for this concept outside of the original. Thanks for the idea!

That's a great idea! I have 3 so 2 on the trailer and 1 in the Jeep would be awesome!

PWCToday Regular

What do you use to connect the winch hook to the little hole in the front of the PWC?

make the winch electronic?

To connect to a bow eye I use a loop made of rope or nylon and clip that to the hook
    1989 Kawasaki X2
    2005 Yamaha XLT1200
    2008 Water Craft Factory hull

Truck Bed Launch System - http://www.pwctoday.com/f26/mr-bojan...ml#post2683099

To revive an old thread...

I checked out Bojangles and Still Standins ramp ideas and modified it a bit.

I didn't use a center post to hold the crank I will be using eye bolts and a strap across the hooks on the truck.

Tested it with my SN today. Going from cart was a bear, but I was able to actually pull the ski up and down by hand... The crank I tried was junk and has no reverse... It's getting returned...

I made the ramp so it can either be folded or taken apart. The wood cross braces go exactly where the strap would hit the tailgate so no issue with that.

Parts without the crank cost about $60. Ill be trying without the crank and see how it works, I may not even use one.

IMG_20170708_200801842.jpg

IMG_20170708_200855318.jpg
    Last edited by undieingbreed; 07-08-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    90 650 SN
    90 650 X2
    89 650 SX

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information