Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 1978 Kawasaki 440 Jet Ski

The flame arrestor cover is sitting on top of the motor, but it looks like the filter element is gone. I noticed something else that is a much bigger problem, how is the engine mounted in there? It sure looks like the engine bed plate and all four motor mounts are also missing. Unless someone came up with some custom mounting system that engine is just sitting in there.
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most", Ozzy Osbourne

PWCToday Newbie

Hey Racer

The guy is taking a chance, if they jet ski was running and it had its stearing cable then I would say okay 2000 tops, but not a cent more.
    The pads and all the seals will cost a lot, he can't expect that price for the condition its in, if you had to phoe the jetski sellers in SA they wouldn't take it for that much.
    I honestly believe that 1000 bucks is more than a good price for an old ski in such a condition of disrepair. 2500 is way to much for that ski.

I don't think it would be worth 2500...sorry bud. If I was you i would tell him you have phoned around at the ski shops and they say that 1000 will be a fair offer..if he doesnt go for it it might be a good idea to shop around some more, ill keep my eyes open for you.

PWCToday Newbie

Good grief i only noticed that now.... bar tab'sboy is right... dude he should pay you to take it.
    Offer him 500 rand and that is it.
    It might be a better idea to look around...coz I have no idea where you are going to get those mounts...

I see a couple of small pieces of steel flat stock that mount the motor to the aluminum bases for the stock motor mounts, but it appears that the back is just floating. Somebody did some weird sh*t to that ski, I have never seen any engine mounted like that. I would consider that a deal breaker if I were you. That ski might have some other weird sh*t going on with it. How hard is it to find skis over there? They are all over here in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair404 View Post
    Good grief i only noticed that now.... bar tab'sboy is right... dude he should pay you to take it.
    Offer him 500 rand and that is it.
    It might be a better idea to look around...coz I have no idea where you are going to get those mounts...
    Those parts are easily acquired over here, in fact I would give you a bed plate except it probably isn't worth what it will cost to ship. Motor mounts can be found on ebay for a decent price, but again shipping is a problem.

PWCToday Newbie

Hmm,
    i did see the odd engine mounting points, but i just thought that's how they were supposed to be.
    well, i made another offer with some of the points made on this thread and again offered R1500.

So, lets see what happens.

If you need an engine bed plate I can send you one for the cost of shipping, but it probably won't be cheap as I'm in California, I don't have any extra motor mounts unfortunately. Let me know if your interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information