Register Now!

» Find OEM Parts

» Jobs

» wallpapers

Thread: Basics

PWCToday Newbie

Basics

Hey Guys,
    I'm new here and a first time PWC owner. I had a few basic questions. Sorry if theyre stupid, but I just dont have the answers.

What do you guys do after you ride? I know I need to flush the motor, and I made a flush kit for the ski. The guy I bought it from said he would spray the entire engine compartment and jet nozzle of the ski with WD-40 after every use. Some of you guys say to use CRC-656. Should I spray down with CRC every time I ride? Can I use CRC once in a while and WD-40 on top of CRC each time I ride?

How often should I change spark plugs, air filter and the battery?
    What do I spray in the maintenance ports on the engine? (i think there are 2) How often should I do this?

How do I lube the steering and jet drive?

I totally feel like I'm missing a ton of things, and I'm kind of nervous. I really wanna take good care of this thing, but I want to make sure I know everything I need to do.

I know alot of this stuff has been covered other posts, and I'm spending hours everyday pouring over this site, but I am overwhelmed. Thanks for your input!!
    Last edited by JiffJingle; 04-15-2010 at 06:09 PM.

PWCToday.com Is My Home Away From Home C-LO's Avatar

Re: Basics

Use the search function or the FAQ at the top of this forum. There are about 10,000 threads on each of the questions you just asked...
    IF YOU HAVE HATERS, THEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yamanube View Post
    This is hardly a PWC site, it is a loosely moderated sh*t show with a for sale section, a handfull of PWC enthusiasts, a few hundred people who own jetskis and a few dozen people who like to hear themselves talk.
    This is the internet: Where boys are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents...

R12X Macsboost Stage II ++
    R12X Stock
    SXR Stock

Thread Information